Financial Reporting Manager - Advisory
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high‑growth businesses that fuel the economy - and the owners and management teams that lead them.
We’ll broaden your horizons
The Business Services and Outsourcing team are essential to meeting our clients' evolving requirements. As well as delivering long-term, sustainable value to businesses by providing a range of solutions such as accounting, payroll and compliance services, they also play a key role in tying together many of our services across BDO both domestically and internationally. By building deep and meaningful relationships with a range of clients from ambitious entrepreneurial SMEs to large multi-national groups, our BS&O team don’t just advise on their specific business challenges, they open doors for other teams to provide our firm’s wider service offering. To succeed in this agile environment, you’ll need to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and initiative. In return, you’ll have the opportunity for progression, and the chance to develop in one of the industry’s most exciting and varied roles.
We’ll help you succeed
As a Manager in our Financial Reporting (‘FR’) team you will apply your technical financial reporting skills to deliver financial reporting advisory projects to our clients, helping them to navigate the complications associated with accounting and financial reporting.
Our team has four broad accounting and reporting advisory propositions that it offers to clients. You will be involved in delivering technical advice to clients in respect of each of these propositions, comprising accounting change, structuring, corporate reporting and transactions and other aspects of accounting.
In addition to the technical delivery of projects you will be responsible for all aspects of service delivery from client take on and fee negotiations to final reporting and client meetings ensuring all advisory assignments are delivered to a high quality and within agreed timescales. You will report to the Senior Management Team.
The FR team are a dedicated team responsible for the delivery of financial statements and advisory services to help our clients meet their financial reporting needs. The FR team focus on the delivery of UK financial reporting and accounting advisory services to multi-national businesses; providing a high quality, fresh approach which is tailored to each client’s individual needs.
By building deep and meaningful relationships with a range of clients, our FR team don’t just advise on specific business challenges, they open doors for other teams to provide our firm’s wider service offering. To succeed in this agile environment, you’ll need to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and initiative. In return, you’ll have the opportunity for progression, and the chance to develop in one of the industry’s most exciting and varied roles.
- Act as technical lead for client work, taking responsibility for the delivery of financial reporting advisory services to individual clients. Typical projects include assisting clients with changes in accounting requirements, acquisitions, disposals, reorganisations and restructuring.
- Direct engagement with clients on technical and accounting judgement decisions.
- Ensure that the firm’s risk management and quality control procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Liaison with central departments on risk management, technical and other matters.
- Keep up to date with all technical developments and lead technical training for the team in order to ensure continued excellence of delivery of services to clients.
- Act as a major point of contact for financial reporting advisory clients. This includes responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided and maintaining regular contact with clients.
- Participation in people management at local level including resource planning and allocation, performance management, training and recommendations for promotion.
You’ll be someone with:
- ACA or ACCA qualified or equivalent qualification.
- Significant previous experience in an assistant manager role or experience in a manager role, including delivering financial reporting advice to large businesses.
- Extensive working knowledge of IFRSs, UK GAAP and related financial reporting requirements as well as previous experience reconciling IFRS and UK GAAP results.
- Ability to prioritise and plan effectively, adopting a logical and methodical approach in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Proven experience in managing a wide portfolio of concurrent projects and project teams in a project management framework.
You’ll be able to be yourself; we’ll recognise and value you for who you are and celebrate and reward your contributions to the business. We’re committed to agile working, and we offer everyone the opportunity to work in ways that suit them, their teams, and the task in hand.
At BDO, we’ll help you achieve your personal goals and career ambitions, and we have programmes, resources, and frameworks that provide clarity and structure around career development.
We’re in it together
Mutual support and respect is one of BDO’s core values and we’re proud of our distinctive, people-centred culture. From informal success conversations to formal mentoring and coaching, we’ll support you at every stage in your career, whatever your personal and professional needs.
We can provide the best support for our clients and people when we’re working side by side. Our agile working framework helps us stay connected, bringing teams together where and when it counts so they can share ideas and help one another. At BDO, you’ll always have access to the people and resources you need to do your best work.
We know that collaboration is the key to creating value for our clients and satisfying experiences at work, so we’ve invested in state-of-the-art collaboration spaces in our offices. BDO’s people represent a wealth of knowledge and expertise, and we’ll encourage you to build your network, work alongside others, and share your skills and experiences. With a range of multidisciplinary events and dedicated resources, you’ll never stop learning at BDO.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we help entrepreneurial businesses to succeed, fuelling the UK economy. Our success is powered by our people, which is why we’re always finding new ways to invest in them. Across 17 UK locations, we are 6,500 unique minds coming together to help our clients reach their ambitions.
We’ve got a clear purpose, and we’re confident in our future, because we’re adapting and evolving to build on our strengths, ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. We shape the future together with openness and clarity, because we believe in empowering people to think creatively about how we can do things better.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.