Transfer Pricing Reporting AVP
- Work in the Tax department of one of the world’s top tier Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight of our business
- A desirable compensation and benefits package including eligibility for an annual bonus
- Professional development opportunities including access to Morgan Stanley’s world-class internal trainings
- Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
- A supportive and vibrant diverse environment, we are inclusive of individual backgrounds and leverage them to foster our work environment and culture
The position requires a technical TP expert with the ability to provide TP advice on a wide range of TP matters from policy setting through execution, documentation, and audit support. Whilst based in Glasgow, this role has responsibilities globally which presents a unique opportunity to build networks across Tax, Finance and the wider organisation. The team is seeking an accountant, tax lawyer or economist with extensive in-house TP experience in a major bank, law firm or public accounting firm, preferably in the financial services sector, to join the Group as a Director. This is an exciting opportunity to join this expanding Tax Team.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Firm, its TP policies and their application to the business, to support business queries and ensure ongoing changes are reflected appropriately in the TP documentation.
- Review the draft TP documentation (including Global, Master and Local files) produced by the team to ensure correct treatment of intragroup transactions and overall consistency
- Prepare and file the groups BEPS Country-by-Country reporting to the US tax authorities and ensure that all other notifications are dealt with on time by the relevant local tax teams
- Supervise and review the production of regional benchmarking studies by advisors
- Review the TP returns for the jurisdictions covered to ensure consistency with TP documentation
- Monitor and advise on overseas documentation requirements in cooperation with the external advisors, tax senior management and regional tax teams
- Maintain and monitor TP policies and Agreements
- Co-ordinate local documentation prepared by 3rd parties
- Work with external advisors, external auditors, and Morgan Stanley’s global tax team on TP matters
- Prepare responses to information requests from tax authorities in relation to tax audits
- Work with the Global Financial Controllers? team to ensure the proper execution and documentation of TP models
- Develop and mentor junior team members, helping them achieve their full potential
- Build and refine own transfer pricing technical knowledge
EMEA Tax is responsible for Corporate Tax Compliance, Indirect Tax, Tax Advisory, US Tax Reporting and Global Tax Risk with offices in London, Glasgow, Frankfurt, and Budapest. Glasgow members work closely with the other EMEA and NY offices, and wider Finance.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives, and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing, and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
- Qualified accountant, CTA or equivalent qualification? or relevant experience
- Background in an accounting or law firm, bank, or in-house tax department
- Strong technical skills, a detailed knowledge of the OECD transfer pricing guidelines, the BEPS action plan and an appreciation of local country transfer pricing rules
- Experience of leading and motivating a team to deliver high quality output to an agreed schedule, with confidence to question and challenge precedents and existing working practices
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, and the ability to work independently
- Ability to present transfer pricing items to Tax senior management
- Applicants should have a record of managing a portfolio of deliverables and meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment and to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability and desire to improve and create processes to increase efficiencies and completeness in the TP Compliance cycle
- A high level of personal commitment, self-motivation, and an innovative, flexible, and team player attitude
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.