Alpha Services Assistant Vice President Client Services
Who we are looking for
This position supports client relationships within IMS – North America.
Client-facing role managing multiple customer relationships. The role requires understanding of services and platforms to manage extensive customer interaction and internal interaction across support functions to enhance the State Street client experience. Ability to solve complex/multi-discipline business and relationship queries and support of a variety of client business management responsibilities.
Proactively develops and maintains external relationships with our clients and key internal stakeholders. Develops understanding of client’s strategies and seeks business solutions to meet their needs. Leads the development of department objectives and oversees implementation of process improvements.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Client Service Assistant Vice President you will
- Support/manage client relationships and sentiment via extensive daily interaction with client
- Collaborate with and support internal teams in maintaining service levels and addressing a wide range of business issues
- Assist in preparing various status, activity and performance reports for senior management.
- Champion inquiries from / issues raised by clients and various State Street organizations and follow through to ensure that client facing problems and issues are addressed.
- Administer change management and communication with clients.
- Manage linkages between change management, for both BAU and program work, as part of broader end-to-end onboarding / implementation efforts.
- Manage impact of change on the client support model by providing ongoing direction in the development, implementation and integration of new client change requests. Ensure the timely & accurate completion of development and operational change requests.
- Influence opportunities to increase quality, productivity and control related to the service delivery model in IMS. Spearhead revised policies, procedures and processes.
- Collaborate with STT’s front, middle and back office operations to ensure quality and provide input on plans to enhance operations.
- Partner with Global Relationship Management to pursue sales opportunities to support efforts of sales / business development team.
- Administer all relationship and contractual documents, including management of client invoicing process
- Maintain monthly invoicing tracking for senior management and finance.
- Management of client facing issues including Operational Control Framework issues, reporting outages and reputation or risk impacting workstream items. Internal meetings are held to review updates and statuses with Global Delivery colleagues.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Ultimately responsible for the success of problem resolution.
- Anticipate critical risks and exposures and facilitate mitigation.
- Persuade or influence internal groups, as necessary, to achieve desired results.
- Communication skills are a must – ability to persuade and influence colleagues at all levels.
- Tactically use a broad array of communication vehicles to lead, direct, and facilitate client change requests.
Process / Leadership:
- Oversee and recommend best practices and educate others on their implications.
- Operate with little supervision in a complex environment
- Division-wide impact/ influence
- Influence strategic direction/vision across business units or groups
- knowing what’s a priority and being able to sequence tasks for yourself and your team accordingly
Education & preferred qualifications
- BS/BA degree required
- 6-8 years of financial services experience, in relationship, operational, technology, product management, or project capacity
- Strong sense of ownership and leadership
- Demonstrated team and project management capabilities, ideally in a global role, including estimation and planning
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills
- Strong written and communication skills and ability to present to clients and senior STT management.
- Strong follow up and leadership skills
- Must be deadline oriented with ability to analyze and resolve daily issues
- Excellent communications, organization, interpersonal planning, and analytical skills
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.