Corporate Actions - Middle Office, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an individual to join the Corporate Actions Middle Office Audit team who is keen to develop towards a leadership role within the organization. This will allow the individual to carry out a key oversight role within the department whilst focusing on developing key people and daily operational management skills.
The role will involve working closely with team administrators to ensure daily work is completed timely and accurately closely communicating with other internal Corporate Actions team on upcoming event details.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder record-keeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Corporate Action Middle Office, Senior Associate you will:
- Act as a senior member of the Corporate Actions team providing support and control over complex and time critical Corporate Actions events and transactions.
- Provide/arrange training and coaching to team members
- Oversee the prioritization of workload ensuring daily tasks are completed
- Ensure effective risk management by coordinating and reviewing the end of day management reporting and ensuring timely escalation and resolution of pertinent issues
- Assist with the collation of KPI reporting including representing the team at weekly Local and Global Risk meetings
- Act as a subject matter expert support on projects and initiatives aimed at improving the Corporate Actions product
- Provide coverage in the absence of your manager
- Ensure that the business has the right resources to operate effectively
- Ensure that the business unit operates in compliance with internal and external regulations and that escalation procedures are followed
- Ensure that all procedures, systems and controls are regularly reviewed and in line with the risk profile of the unit
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behavior
- Provide appropriate management information as required to support business unit decision making
- Support the ‘Risk Excellence’ culture within the business
- Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager so that you comply with internal policies and external regulations
Education and preferred qualifications
- Educated to a degree level preferred
- Candidate should have the ability to adapt quickly to new systems and processes affecting their role.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented and analytical.
- Evidence of working within an oversight capacity within a team environment (preferred)
- IOC qualified or working towards completion of IOC
- Individual should be looking to develop management skillset
- Good team player who is flexible to change and the needs of the business.
- Should be capable of working in a deadline/volume driven environment whilst maintaining accuracy and focus
- Able to prioritize and focus on the most urgent and important task. Should exhibit skill in planning and monitoring workload including self-management in order to achieve goals
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, live and grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, diversity and social responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.