Overall Job Purpose
Involvement and undertaking a range of audits and assisting with complex audits at client's sites in accordance with our Internal Audit standards. Working as an individual and or a team member in delivering high quality Internal Audits within required timescales and budgets.
- To perform and control internal audit assignments embracing assignment planning, conduct and control of audit work and reporting findings in accordance with our standards per the Internal Audit Manual.
- To provide job training and guidance for more junior auditors.
- Preparing draft audit reports and working paper files to high quality standards that require only minor amendment for manager review.
- To perform the audit of more complex systems with supervision from client manager.
- To draft audit planning sheets for approval/review by Client/Senior Managers.
- To assist the Client/Senior Manager in ensuring that assignments are completed to time and budget.
- To be aware of and advise your Manager of any potential additional work opportunities at existing clients.
- To participate in the firms appraisal and development process.
- It is the duty of all employees to ensure they are familiar with and comply with all the firms’ policies e.g health and safety etc.
- Any other duties as required by the Client Manager / Director.
- To have a good technical knowledge on the internal audit process, individual subjects and sector issues relevant to your work.
- To provide support as required to more junior and senior staff as required.
- Understands the range of additional services that the firm can provide to meet client's needs.
- Know when to consult for guidance and help.
Communication (oral, electronic, written)
- Oral - able to express ideas and information with clarity. Expected to display confidence when communicating with clients.
- Good working relationship with clients to understand their needs and requirements.
- Relay appropriate and timely information in respect of assignments to others.
- Listening - demonstrate the ability to listen, evaluate and apply information gained.
- Written - prepare draft reports and working paper files.
- Gain confidence and respect of colleagues and clients.
- To have a good technical knowledge on the internal audit process, individual subjects and sector issues relevant to your work
Note: This job description reflects the present requirements of the role. As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and will be subject to amendment in consultation with the individual.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.