Operations Client Service - Senior Manager
Who we are looking for: The role is within SSGS Asset owners Institutional investors services (IIS). The successful candidate will contribute to the team’s success by having responsibility for managing the clients, internal stake holders, JV partners . The role involves strong external & internal engagement and time management skills to ensure deadlines are met with 100% accuracy along with analytically strong background
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for
What you will be responsible for:
- Account for the day-to-day management of a functional team(s) and manage daily service delivery and production activities performed by staff
- Primary contact and key escalation point for operational issues, provide technical expertise to resolve daily problems
- Act as primary contact and escalation point for operational issues
- Manage and escalate issues related CoE’s and other Shared Services
- Manage production activities of Shared Service Associate I, II and Senior Associate
- Coordinate the implementation of new funds, systems and processes. Assist with client conversions and other client projects
- Organize Shared Service internal meetings, as needed, and compiles related documentation, assisting with the coordination and development of the agenda and may attend meetings to record notes and action items
- Identify and implement consistent operational best practices
- Assist with compliance/fiduciary reviews and audits
- Train, develop and motivate new staff, complete performance appraisals
- Provide coaching and development opportunities to staff, participate in individual on-going training and development
- Provide technical expertise to resolve daily problems
- Serve on committees. Help define and implement new company initiatives
- During the course of normal day to day operation, be responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures
- Other duties as assigned
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Client focus: – Act as a focal point of contact to maintain strong client relationship; actively participate in client meetings, and ensure team responds to client inquiries.
- Leadership focus – Leverage experience and technical expertise to support peers globally by providing guidance and training, and fully support and participate in all aspects of employee engagement.
- Operational efficiency focus: Actively participate in an efficient and effective global operating model, collaborating with peers globally, and using standard technology, best practices, and optimal functions.
- Performance focus: Provide excellent service to clients through a results-oriented mindset
- Quality & risk focus: Understand and minimize risk through adhering to standard and client specific operating procedures and through broad participation in the global training program. Focus on qualitative work, attention to detail with a thorough understanding of business impact and ways to minimize risk.
- Equivalent to a BS degree in Finance, Business or related field.
- At least 8 years of related Custody and/or Fund Accounting experience, part of which must have been in a management or supervisory capacity.
- Knowledge of securities language and legal requirements.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and management skills.
- Solid understanding of operational functions within Custody and/or Fund Accounting. Ability to provide technical expertise to resolve daily problems.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency and working knowledge of various software applications.
- Ability to develop and enhance client relationships.
- Must have strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with global stakeholders and possess exceptional ability to prioritize work priorities.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the initiative and capability to collaborate with a diverse stakeholder base to deliver timely and high quality output
- Must be highly organized with strong attention to detail
Shift Timing- 7pm IST to 4am IST
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, live and grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, diversity and social responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.