Assistant Manager - Financial Planning and Analysis
Basic Purpose of Job:
The Expense Insight Center/Expense COE Assistant Manager provides subject matter knowledge in the assigned area of Financial Planning & Analysis, develops a thorough understanding of State Street’s business practices to effectively perform independent, complex reporting or analytics to support the ad-hoc needs of the Expense Insight Center and Business Unit (BU) Lead Financial Officer/s (LFO). Reporting to the Lead of Headcount and Salaries sub-group within the insight center, the Assistant Manager will be working alongside team members of Expense COE, the in-market team members in performing a multitude of activities associated with the expense reporting and analytics of the assigned business units.
- Responsibilities & Tasks Include:
- Completion of high-quality deliverables within the committed timeframe. Deliverables vary by BU focus but typically relate to;
- Month/quarter/year-end closing and forecast
- Annual operational planning process (budget)
- Expense reviews and Expense Walks and variance explanations
- Headcount Walks – And commentaries on headcount movement pertaining to New Business, Hires, Transfers & Exits etc.
- Workday Headcount reporting and analysis
- Variance analysis along with preparation of management presentations describing insights
- Self-review of reporting & analytics deliverables for first pass accuracy and presenting analytical results, findings as needed
- May be required to participate in or conduct a wide range of accounting and financial analyses on critical and complex issues which may include variance analysis, forecasts, budgeting, expense drivers and accounting transactions.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on a particular financial management matter
- Interaction with multiple business heads for day to day deliverables
- Participates in or manages function specific projects as needed
- May develop and/or update various financial models to generate analyses
- Collects information and analytical needs from management to determine analysis approach
- Prepares reports and presentations packages. Interprets results for management.
- May provide guidance to less seasoned analysts
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in accounting/finance with 5-7years of relevant experience ideally covering multiple of the following with major financial institutions:
- Financial Planning & Analysis exposure in a global setting
- Direct support to business or product line management / executives
- Prior experience in headcount reporting and analysis is preferred (not mandatory)
- Experience with preparation of budgets for multi-national companies
- Variance analysis and reporting of insights
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills with ability to participate in or lead conference calls and present financial results to financial and non-financial audiences at various levels
- Pride of ownership with the ability to drive results within the Business
- Solid business knowledge as it relates to the financial services industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), advanced levels of excel (pivot tables, formulas, excel workbook maintenance best practices)
- Knowledge of Hyperion Essbase.
- Knowledge of Tableau, Power BI data analytics and visualization (or similar) a plus
- Knowledge of Oracle 11i/Oracle R12 a plus
- Strong Analytical skill set
- Financial product and institution knowledge
- This is a visible role. Excellent communication, organizational and presentation skills, and ability to present complex financial matters to management
- Self-motivated, self-assured, and self-managed
- Results oriented ownership mindset
- Ability to multi-task and work under high pressure deadlines
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.