Balance Sheet Reconciliations & Control Manager
Role: Balance Sheet Reconciliations and Control Finance Manager
Purpose of role: Oversight of the Balance Sheet for Primark including the continuous improvement and automation of existing balance sheet reconciliation processes. In this role you will be expected to develop and implement key balance sheet controls, automate existing processes and deliver quality and timely balance sheet reporting. The role will include management of the balance sheet reconciliation team, including the bank reconciliation team.
Reports to: Group Financial Controller
- Management of the Primark balance sheet team, including management of the bank reconciliations team.
- Evaluate the current set of in-scope reconciliations and controls, recommending ways to optimise existing processes and improve the control environment including through automation.
- Work alongside other finance teams to continuously identify system and process improvements to enhance the control environment
- Identify control issues through root cause analysis and promptly drive actions to resolve issues.
- Oversee the monthly close process alongside the financial reporting team.
- Provide quality and timely balance sheet information to internal and external customers.
- Continuously review and evolve outputs ensuring effective and timely reconciliations are completed in line with business requirements
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with key stakeholders in Financial Operations, Financial Reporting, Internal Control and with Internal and External Audit
- Coach and develop a high performing team responsible for balance sheet reconciliations
- Break down information in a systematic and communicable manner
- Escalate, manage and report control issues with transparency in a timely manner.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- An experienced qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA) with at least 7 years post qualified experience
- Previous experience in external reporting and a strong control or audit background desirable
- Accounting systems knowledge, with experience of Oracle Financials (or similar)
- Strong excel skills and analytical mindset.
- Experience with Teradata and integrated reconciliation processes an advantage
- Experience implementing and improving business processes and systems
- Ability to lead, develop and motivate high-performance individuals and teams
- Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills across all levels of the organisation
- Proactive about managing change and challenging existing procedures and processes to achieve best practice
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule for self and team and work within agreed timescales
- Pro-active and self-starting with proven ability lead and close activities in a structured manner to a high quality
- Result-oriented, focusing on fulfilling management expectations
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview.
- Be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal/communication skills, while demonstrating high levels of emotional intelligence.
- Proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation
- Operates with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, tact and professionalism.
- Effective and persuasive presentation skills, including the ability to present complex information in an understandable manner to all areas of the business.
- Ability to lead, influence and coach others
- Sound judgement, unquestionable ethics and integrity with high degree of transparency and trust
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.