Associate Fund Accountant - Real Estate
Alter Domus is currently seeking a new Associate Fund Accountant (Real Estate) to join our Fund Administration team at our Chicago, IL, office.
- Learn on-the-job accounting and/or financial reporting principles and fund accounting processes;
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and complete work with little direction;
- Exhibit time-management skills by developing and executing specific goals in an agreed-upon time frame;
- Help prepare schedules in compliance with IM agreement(s) and JV agreement(s);
- Review and understand Real Estate Information Standards (REIS) handbooks and manuals; and
- Exhibit knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, and of financial data reporting (including assets, liability, equity, balance sheets, expenses, cash flow, and credits, returns and IRRs).
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting (or related field);
- 0-3 years of professional experience (December 2020 graduates encouraged to apply);
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated analytical capabilities and strong attention to detail;
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage ambiguity;
- Successful candidates can work independently and as a part of a team with professionals from all levels;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel; and
- CPA, or intention to obtain CPA, preferred.
Independent and possessing more than fifteen years’ experience in its field, Alter Domus has become a leader in corporate and management services for private equity & infrastructure and real estate funds as well as listed and unlisted companies. Our staff of over 2,000 people also provides fund administration and financial reporting services. We mentor and develop our employees’ technical knowledge and practical skills. We also champion commitment and a customer-oriented mindset.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Alter Domus offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including a generous vacation policy, a diverse work environment, and strong global connections. As you collaborate with colleagues in our fast-paced environment, you will gain exposure to demanding and stimulating experiences that you will take with you as your career progresses. We provide a sophisticated work environment with prominent clients that will take your ambitions and talents to the next level and give you the resources and support you need to succeed.
For more information, please visit www.alterdomus.com.
Alter Domus is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.