Senior Internal Auditor
About the role
Due to a rapid expansion of client work in the Risk Assurance team we are looking to recruit a further senior auditor into our Internal Audit – Risk Assurance team. As part of the wider team, you will be involved in the delivery of internal audit services to a wide range of clients across the not for profit and corporate sectors.
The ideal candidate will have great people skills and be comfortable leading others on audit reviews and dealing with clients. With a relevant internal audit or accountancy qualification, or working towards one, the ideal candidate will be an experienced internal auditor, who can really hit the ground running.
About the company and department
RSM is the seventh largest professional services firm in the UK, employing over 4,000 staff and partners and with 33 offices across the length and breadth of the UK. RSM in the UK is part of the RSM global network, which is represented in 120 countries around the globe and employs more than 40,000 people globally.
RSM offers accountancy, audit and assurance, tax, corporate finance and other services to clients ranging from large corporate and financial services clients, across the public sector, including central and local government, through to individuals.
The Internal Audit team sits within the Risk Assurance service line and delivers outsourced and co-sourced internal audit services to over 500 internal audit clients. With over 200 specialist internal auditors the team is one of the largest internal audit teams in a UK professional accountancy firm and offers excellent opportunities for progression. The team also works with one of RSM’s largest clients and it is working with this client where the appointee will initially spend most of their time.
About the job
You will be responsible for undertaking a range of complex and specialist audits either remotely or at client's sites, including risk based audits, in accordance with our Internal Audit standards. Working as an individual, leading a team and delivering high quality Internal Audits within required timescales and budgets will be a key part of the job.
- Understand the key risks identified by Management and the controls put in place to address those risks within each area of the Client’s Annual Audit Plan;
- Manage, perform and control internal audit assignments embracing assignment planning programming, conduct and control of audit work and reporting findings
- Draft audit planning documents for approval / review by Client / Management;
- Prepare draft audit reports and working paper files to high quality standards and within the SLA on allocated audits;
- Lead and supervise more junior staff on individual assignments including staff motivation, discipline and technical audit guidance
- Provide on the job training and guidance for auditors and training for more junior auditors
- Perform the audit of more complex and specialist areas
- Assist management in ensuring that assignments are completed to time and budget
- Be aware of and advise management of any potential additional work opportunities at existing clients
- Participate in the firm’s appraisal and development process
- Be familiar with and comply with all the firm’s policies e.g. health and safety etc.
- Undertake any other duties as required by management
Ideally, you will have previous experience of working in an equivalent position in a professional services firm or similar function within an in-house internal audit team. You will be technically proficient in executing and leading reviews in accordance with IIA standards.
The ideal candidate will also have a good knowledge of individual subjects and sector issues relevant to your work and be able to support other team members as required to ensure compliance with relevant regulation and internal audit standards.
A true team player, you will take pro-active responsibility for your own development, which RSM will support you in, as well as being able to train, coach and develop team members as required.
- A relevant professional qualification e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIA, CMIIA or on the way to completing such
- High standard of written and verbal communication
- Team Player
- Access to a car and full driving licence (travel to client sites may be expected post the coronavirus pandemic)
- Some overnight stays away from home may be necessary to enable delivery of client work.
Note: This job description reflects the present requirements of the role. As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and will be subject to amendment in consultation with the individual.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.