Director, Family Office Services
DescriptionInspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our Family Office Services team as a Director. This diverse team of professionals thrives on identifying clients’ unique personal and professional needs within a rapidly evolving financial reporting landscape. As a trusted advisor, you’ll provide strategic planning, wealth reporting and governance expertise for families and businesses.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Serve as the primary family office relationship manager for clients, leading regularly scheduled meetings and strategic planning processes
- Identify short- and long-term options to enhance, protect and transition family wealth
- Align planning and reporting over multiple disciplines and priorities (i.e., tax, legal, wealth, estate, succession, stewardship)
- Discuss options available through various asset ownership structures; devise strategies and other techniques for realizing and preserving asset value after taxes
- Coordinate the Investment Process by delivering consolidated reporting of family wealth over all investment portfolios; review overall asset allocation and investment policy/objectives for consistency and alignment to family goals and needs
- Communicate with internal and external professionals to ensure coordinated advice and implementation
- Network with investment industry specialists for business development opportunities and to facilitate the referral to the appropriate partners
- Utilize networking skills to identify and attract high net worth clients and develop focused strategies to create and expand relationships
- Manage project financials (i.e., budgets, WIP, timely billing, collection, variance recognition)
- Promote MNP Family Office Services through the delivery of presentations, writing articles, facilitating workshops and/or participating in community activities
- Assist in the mentorship, motivation and coaching of team members towards professional and personal development by setting clear expectations, providing feedback and conducting performance reviews
- Maintain flexibility to travel within Ontario (primarily within the GTA) and occasionally within Canada
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business (accounting or finance major is preferred)
- Master’s degree in a related field is considered an asset
- CFP, CIM or CFA, or CPA designation is considered an asset
- 10 years of industry experience working with complex high net worth families
- Strong working knowledge of the wealth/investment management industry and related regulatory and compliance requirements
- Strong working knowledge of trust, estate planning, tax planning, insurance and complex planning
- Experience working with financial planning software
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.