Why Patients Need You
Your in-depth knowledge and financial skills will keep our products in production and our innovators innovating. Whether you are part of establishing, coordinating, researching, or administering financial operations, your role is critical to getting our medicines in the hands of the people who need them most, faster and more efficiently than ever before.
What You Will Achieve
The Decision Support Center of Excellence (DS CoE) Finance Analyst position is a Finance position responsible for undertaking data validation and financial management reporting and analysis in order to support our Finance customers. Key stakeholders will be Finance Managers / Senior Finance Managers. The DS CoE Finance Analyst is responsible for, but not limited to, conducting the following key activities:
- Plan, Budget and Forecast modelling
- Financial Reporting analytics
- Presentation development and preparation
- Data Validation
- Report consolidation and submission
This role will require strong analytical ability, coupled with sufficient knowledge of business / finance analysis tools and methodologies. Analysts will be expected to respond to requests from Supervisors or Managers in an efficient and timely manner.
Plan, Budget and Forecast modelling:
- Collect Data – Gather data from internal Pfizer systems and data external non-Pfizer systems and sources necessary for OP Plan and LE
- Prepare Data - Format data for entry into model or analysis, load data into appropriate tool
- Run Models – Input assumptions and data, run model
- Validate Revenue and Expense Data
- Analyze Output - Highlight significant variances to budget, actuals and prior year, pinpoint specific type of variance categorize variances as system/technical or business related, follow-up with suspected system/technical related variances, create variances report, categorizing variances by type, amount and specific location
- Root Cause Research - Research business related variances, identify variance as manual accounting error or legitimate business movement, follow-up with GFS or market colleagues to resolve variance
- Write Commentary – Prepare memo (email) to finance leadership, describe trends for the reporting period for each report, including an explanation of remaining variances
- Support Finance as needed – Gathering assumptions, updating business
Financial Reporting analytics:
- Collect Data - Gather data from external Non-Pfizer systems and sources necessary for reporting or analysis
- Develop Standard Reports – Determine if reporting need is already met by Standard Reporting Package, Document Reporting Parameters, Construct Shared View of New Report in Reporting Tool, Review Output with Report Requestor, Adjust as Necessary, Save View in Reporting Tool and Add to List of Standard Reports
- Validate Data - Compare the following data types across systems/data warehouses: revenue, COGS, OPEX, Overall PNL; highlight discrepancies in data, determine source of data discrepancies, classify reconciling items as mapping error (if applicable type) and if necessary, follow up with account team for applicable system to resolve
- Run Reports - Confirm that data is available and validated, access reporting systems/tools, select appropriate parameters, run/refresh report (Essbase) or export to Excel and modify as necessary
- Analyze, Research and Prepare Commentary on Output
- Prepare reports: Compile and submit financial analysis reports
- Support presentation preparation - Replace content with content from current Op Plan and LE
Presentation Development and Preparation:
- Prepare Recurring Presentations - update recurring presentations with new data and commentary, review and finalize presentations
- Prepare Ad Hoc Presentations – prepare ad hoc presentations as needed per request from manager
- Maintain KPI's to reflect current data
- Additional data validation tasks as outlined elsewhere
Report Consolidation and Submission:
- Consolidate Results - Receive Offline reports and commentary or export data from reporting tool, consolidate data into central report
- Submit Results - In email or by posting to shared drive, submit results of report with commentary
- Review Output with Customers - Review report and commentary with business partners
It is your dedication and focus that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.
How You Will Achieve It
- Contribute to the completion of projects.
- Manage own time to meet agreed targets.
- Develop plans for short-term work activities on own projects (timelines, work plans, deliverables) within a team.
- Direct the periodic preparation and analysis of financial forecasts.
- Identify and manage continuous process improvement initiatives and drive strategic regional and functional initiatives.
- Assist in the completion of period reporting packages and analysis ensuring data accuracy.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, with finance/accounting or related experience
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail, and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic understanding of finance IT system architecture may be required.
- Management Reporting and Analysis process experience preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Office capabilities, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Competency with spreadsheets & financial modelling (comfort with data manipulation and financial systems)
- Ability to identify business issues/opportunities and to frame business questions
- Knowledge of various financial systems and financial reporting aspects is preferred
- Basic knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Master's degree
- Relevant pharmaceutical experience
- Prior experience with System Application & Products Business Intelligence (BI) and Hyperion Planning financial systems
- Interest and experience in financial modeling analysis and reporting
- Good understanding of accounting principles and experience of working as an expert
- Strong communication skills, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and can multi-task, consistently meeting deadlines on multiple activities
The closing deadline for applications is July 7th.
All applicants must have the relevant authorisation to live and work in the UK.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.