Legal Entity Controller - Director
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. Morgan Stanley provides a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, achieve and grow.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives, and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing, and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
The Legal Entity Controller team has responsibility for the financial management of selected entities, reporting locally to a Glasgow based Legal Entity Officer (LEO). The candidate will be responsible for a portfolio of EMEA Investment Banking Division entities in various jurisdictions, including regulated entities. They will be a key business partner for various stakeholders on a wide range of legal entity initiatives.
- The opportunity to work in the Finance department of one of the world’s top tier Financial Institutions and gain a first-hand insight into our business
- Professional development opportunities including access to Morgan Stanley’s world-class internal training program
- Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
- A supportive and vibrant diverse environment; we are inclusive of individual backgrounds and leverage them to foster our work environment and culture
- A balance between personal and professional lifestyles, including flexible working opportunities such as work from home arrangements
- High specification office space with leading technologies, collaborative working spaces and wellbeing facilities including an onsite fitness suite
- Be accountable for key stakeholder relationships both internally and externally including External Auditors, Product Control, Treasury, Business Units, Company Secretarial and Tax
- Have responsibility for the review and presentation of timely, relevant, and value-added information to senior management
- Have oversight of the production of financial statements, management accounts and variance analysis by the shared service team based outside the UK, and perform the review of such documents/information
- Review and challenge appropriateness of taxation and transfer pricing policies on legal entities
- Be empowered to drive change and the development of the LEC function and department wide initiatives
- An ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders and contribute to projects which impact a variety of business and finance areas.
- A rounded commercial approach to reporting and controllership, with proven skills in chasing issues through many layers to discover root causes.
- An ability to manage your workload effectively, developing practical solutions to problems whilst balancing multiple issues and priorities appropriately and having flexibility when priorities change.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills and proficiency in data mining and summarizing and presenting themes and results in a meaningful format.
- A professional qualification (CA, ACCA, CIMA).