Client Service Delivery Manager - Client KYC Focus (Hybrid)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We strive to have a globally diverse workforce where engagement and inclusion drive business excellence. We believe in the power of collaborative partnerships and are proud to work with a number of organisations across EMEA who provide us with ongoing knowledge, education and insights to support our efforts.
We monitor our progress by participating in market benchmarks which assess industry best practice and are delighted to have received a Silver Award from the Mind Workplace Wellbeing Index over two consecutive years, and a Gold Award from the UK Ministry of Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
The CSDM is responsible for the overall service for clients working closely with operational teams and senior management cross jurisdictional. The successful candidate should utilise their knowledge of services to provide clients with information and suggestions to add value to the relationship and work with the Relationship Manager(s) to identify opportunities to cross-sell products generating additional revenue.
The successful candidate will also have key responsibilities in relation to Client & Fund KYC (Know Your Customer) reviews across all Clients services in Ireland.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Responsible for providing client advisory and ongoing client services to Global Fund Services clients.
- Responsible for the creation of and subsequent monitoring of performance against Service Level descriptions
- Carries out complex activities with significant financial, client, and/or internal business impact
- Plans and facilitates client meetings/calls including scheduling client service review meetings/calls and visits; preparation for and follow up of client meetings
- In conjunction with the Relationship managers, engages with the Client’s Senior Management on difficult/complex issues
- Consistently displays a balanced, cross-functional perspective, liaising with the business to proactively improve efficiency, effectiveness and productivity.
- Oversight of all fee billing to ensure it is issued in a timely manner in line with the Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Work closely with Relationship Managers to execute change agenda for the Client across a broad range of areas including restructuring of funds
- Responsible for running client service reviews operational areas Fund Accounting, Transfer Agency, Custody, Risk & Compliance, Corporate Secretariat.
- Responsible for due diligence visits/calls in conjunction with the Relationship Managers and internal teams
- Ensures follow up to day-to-day client queries and issue resolution in conjunction with Fund Accounting / Transfer Agency etc.
- Work closely with counterparts from the operational teams to ensure smooth service delivery of key priority projects
- Partners with the Relationship Managers and ensures issues are communicated and escalated in a timely manner both internally and directly with the clients
- Responsible for overall project planning for the clients including new funds, mergers, liquidations etc. in conjunction with New Business Teams and Operations
- Responsible for regular internal Virtual Team meetings across Functions / Jurisdictions.
- Ensures timely completion and publication of monthly reporting including calculating Key Performance Indicator levels and review of monthly reporting packs to consultant/client
- In partnership with the Relationship Managers, prepares for and attend Board Meetings and is responsible for reviewing board packs and following up action items raised during the meetings
- Ensures completion of other ad hoc planning and tasks such as call reporting, issues reporting, relationship plans etc
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
- Responsible for conduction both clients and fund KYC regular reviews. Work closely with clients and support teams in offshore locations to conduct the KYC periodical reviews on both client and fund accounts to ensure current Clients and Funds are AML compliant.
- Familiar with regulatory obligations and implementation of those obligations
- The ideal candidate will have a strong track record with multiple years’ experience in financial servicing, preferably in trust or asset servicing.
- If your background is Transfer Agency, AML Risk & Compliance and you have excellent client skills this role could be for you.
- Strong relationship management skills required to manage demanding financial clients.
- Knowledge of general finance and portfolio management concepts to consult on client needs.
- Skills in negotiation, delegating and leadership are necessary to service the client relationship.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- KYC experience preferable with a good understanding of Clients AML regulatory requirements.
- Well-developed analytical and sound decision-making skills in conjunction with strong reporting and observation skills
- High attention to detail with the ability to multitask also required.
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
- Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
- Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
- Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.