Who we are looking for:
Looking for someone with good understanding of core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Officer you will:
- Ability to coordinate and track training needs. Ability to navigate Microsoft Office. Ability to analyze and effective articulate business needs. Ability to draft BRDs. Experience with past transitions or project management experience.
- Knowledge of custodian bank operations, international market instruction and settlement protocols, and knowledge of global regulatory requirements applicable to custodian bank operation.
- Proactively managing risk at the project level; feel fully accountable for all steps of the workstream project
- Oversees the effective coordination of activities between multiple departments within State Street, including our global offshoring partners
- Take ownership of client service issues through closure
- Responsible for reviewing staff level work, as needed
- Participates in the resolution of project issues
- Provide coaching and development opportunities to staff
- Perform other duties as needed
- Basic understanding of Accounting, Custody, Fund Administration
- Basic understanding of Sub-Custody and International Markets, Securities, Cash Transaction Processing protocols, knowledge of global market processing requirements
- Knowledge of internal State Street back office applications such as GTM, IIP, SMAC, GSMAC, MYVIEW, IBS, Hogan
- Have an advanced knowledge of Microsoft tools
- Experience with conversion or transformation projects is preferable
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Demonstrates strong project management skills, as well as problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrates an ability to be a leader within their team, as well as be a leader amongst your peers
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, which includes excellent time management skill
- Strong business judgment, including the ability to synthesize complex issues, effectively balance competing objectives including the ability to communicate such issues to staff and senior management
- Excellent organizational and execution skills including the ability to prioritize and multi-task under time constraints
- Excellent collaborative, interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player with a positive can do attitude
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree - undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, with a strong academic background.
- 4 to 6 years of experience in related accounting or finance field preferred
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.