Insurance (Client Service) - Assistant Vice President
The Client Delivery Assistant Vice President (AVP) is responsible for the operational management of a team that provides accounting and custody services for mutual funds and other pooled vehicles. The AVP represents State Street Corporation as a key client relationship manager for strategic asset manager clients and serves as the primary escalation point for complex operational activities.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
- AVPs have direct managerial responsibility for a team of Client Support Specialists, along with oversight for risk mitigation.
- Responsibility for both day to day and ongoing performance management of their team.
- Coordinate the implementation of new funds, systems and processes and support client conversions.
- In addition to managing client reporting and projects such as sign-off on key performance indicator (KPI) tracking, assisting with client audits, and internal client risk profile assessments.
- Working closely with key clients and a strong inter-departmental network.
- Align with corporate goals and strategic initiatives to drive consistent operational best practices across their team.
- Offer development and advancement opportunities in an innovative and rapidly growing segment of State Street’s investment servicing division
- This is a leadership position in a fast-paced, highly collaborative and transformational environment.
- It provides deep exposure to capital markets operations and the asset management industry.
- Client Operations is a highly visible team and this is a critical role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- MBA or graduate degree preferred
- Client-oriented, with significant client-facing experience (expectation of 5+ years’ experience dealing with mid-senior level client representatives)
- Self-directed, ability to multi-task and navigate competing priorities
- Problem-solving and critical analysis experience, highly responsive and driven
- Excellent collaboration, communication, presentation and networking skills
- Ability to identify and present cross-sell opportunities, excellent influencing skills
- Innovative, intellectually curious, with a bias for action
- Significant prior financial services industry experience preferred.
- Strong people management skills and prior experience in a supervisory capacity with responsibility for coaching and development of direct reports (expectation of 5+ years’ supervisory experience)
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.