Financial Reporting, Associate2
Basic Purpose of Job:
The Financial Reporting Associate 2 role within Global Delivery is responsible for preparing various APAC, EMEA and North America Financial Reporting packages in accordance with established procedures. The role involves interaction with various units locally and overseas. The Associate 2 should possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment. Accuracy, timeliness and delivery of client service are imperative in this position with increased focus towards quality controls, documentation and process improvements.
Responsibilities & Tasks Include:
- Set up and maintain reporting binders for each fund during a reporting cycle. Ensure all documentations used to calculate and support all financial statement disclosures are received and are accurate. Research and resolve issues as applicable.
- Prepare periodic financial statements:
- Perform planning procedures in order to identify any issues prior to the reporting cycle commencing and work with applicable parties to resolve.
- Perform a detailed review of the general ledger balances, identifying issues and initiating the resolution of those issues with applicable parties.
- Ensure the accuracy and reasonability of amounts disclosed in the financial statements.
- Draft financial statements disclosures based on generally accepted accounting principles (“GAAP”) requirements.
- Follow all procedures regarding financial statements preparation and sign off on all required checklists.
- Recommend and implement enhancements to procedures based on knowledge and experience obtained during preparation process.
- Ensure adherence to the financial statements production calendar.
- Coordinate distribution of financial statements. Assemble financial statements draft, all supporting documentation and calculations.
- Coordinate the receipt of comments on financial statements drafts from external (and internal) parties. Ensure the timely research, resolution and processing of comments.
- Test new Financial Reporting applications and financial statement templates. Identify and resolve issues as they arise. Suggest process improvements (enhanced automation, etc.).
- Train and assist less experienced staff
Education and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field plus 1- 2 years related experience
- Prior Fund Accounting and/or Financial Reporting experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and possess strong problem solving and resolution skills
- Excellent PC skills (Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word)
- Superior attention to detail, time management and organizational skills
- Have mindset to continuous improve processes and action on it
- Effective communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities to meet internal and industry deadlines
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.