Mutual Fund Tax, Administrator
United States, Arizona, Tempe
United States, Texas, Dallas
United States, Kansas, Overland Park
United States, Massachusetts, Boston
United States, Missouri, St Louis
United States, Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
United States, Illinois, Chicago
Responsible for managing the successful delivery of tax products; mentoring and providing technical guidance to more junior staff; ensuring performance management, career development and retention management are made priorities; recruiting, on-boarding and training new staff; and assisting with the development and oversight of processes to ensure compliance with federal and state tax authorities.
- Review of tax provision and distribution work papers for Regulated Investment Companies (RIC) including (but not limited to) the following: review Regulated Investment Company fiscal and excise tax provision work papers, review financial statement disclosures, and review annual book-to-tax adjustment analysis by examining the taxability of investment income/expenses, securities transactions, and complex derivatives including futures, options, and swaps; prepare income and capital estimates of RIC distributions
- Review work papers and other documents to support client deliverables
- Review disclosures included in audited financial statements
- Review quarterly and annual IRC asset compliance and gross income testing
- Participate in technical training to develop skills
- Develop investment tax and other accounting skills
- A minimum of 4-6 years of experience of mutual fund tax
- BS/BA degree in accounting/finance or equivalent work experience
- Understanding of accounting and tax concepts, practices, and procedures is required
- Strong client service skills, team attitude and attention to detail
- Ability to understand financial statements and fund accounting reports and spreadsheets
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Global Fund Services:
Global Fund Services (GFS) is a full-service provider of fund solutions to investment manager and fund company clients around the world. North America GFS Operations provides Fund Accounting and Administration, Custody Servicing, Investment Outsourcing Operations, Transfer Agency, and Investor Servicing. Our expert team of 900 partners across North America are solutions-oriented, innovative, and passionate about servicing clients and helping them execute their business strategies. We commit ourselves to ensuring our partners reach their full potential.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.