IT Auditor – Cyber Assurance, Assistant Vice President, Hybrid
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an IT Auditor - Cyber Assurance, Assistant Vice President who will leverages skills acquired as a technology or security professional combined with extensive audit and risk assessment experience in areas of high technical complexity. In this role you will serve as an advisor to other technical auditors within the department and drive initiatives designed to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of audit procedures. You will be based out in Boston, Massachusetts
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As IT Auditor – Cyber Assurance, Assistant Vice President you will
- Work with an international team to evaluate cyber security risks across the organization.
- Drive 3rd line of defense initiatives to automate security assessments.
- Lead data driven evaluations of technology and security risk.
- Act as a trusted advisor to audit executives and technology leadership in evaluating State Street’s security posture.
- Collaborate with 1st and 2nd lines of defense technical and cyber SME’s to monitor key security initiatives and recommend control improvements to mitigate key risks.
- Develop technical security training roadmaps to help build technology and security audit skills across the Corporate Audit division.
- Prepare and review audit workpapers compliant with the division’s risk-based audit methodology.
- Translate complex technical issues in business terms and present key findings to senior leadership.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- High degree of professionalism and leadership.
- Fluency in English - written and spoken.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelors or associates degree in information systems, computer science, accounting or related field
- 5 or more years professional experience.
- Proficient in leading and supervising technology and security audits within the financial services industry, leveraging scripting and data analytics to improve audit effectiveness / efficiency.
- Experience using network security tools and implementing security assessment technologies.
- Deep understanding of network security and cyber security operations and threats, tactics and procedures commonly used to exploit security weaknesses across the network.
- Proficient in evaluating and testing internal controls and applying a risk-based audit approach.
- One or more industry recognized certification (e.g., CISA, CISSP, AWS Solutions Architect, Cyber CSX)
- Expertise auditing certain technology-related areas such as:
- Perimeter/Internal Security Technologies (Firewalls, Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems)
- Network Segmentation Solutions
- Data Loss Prevention technologies and support processes
- Vulnerability Scanning and Penetration Testing
- Threat Intelligence
- Insider Threat Programs
- Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) Technologies
- Cyber Incident Response
- Encryption / Encryption Key Management
- Public Cloud Security (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Ready to travel up-to 20%
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.