Associate, Account Opening
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
The successful candidate is responsible for assisting with the setup of client entities and accounts for key transitional activities as it relates to onboarding and set up of new institutional and trust clients, opening of new entities for existing clients, and daily account set up.
- Responsible for delivery of middle office services to Wealth Management and Institutional client servicing teams.
- Facilitate activities required to validate documentation, open and setup new accounts, transition assets, implement product solutions and setup global markets. Ensures activities are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Interact with internal partner groups, external parties or with the clients to provide resolution to client issues and requests.
- Responsible for identifying and resolving problems within established guidelines.
- Expected to use some initiative but refer more complex problems to supervisors/experts.
- Works effectively as a team member but also independently.
- Knowledgeable of the core aspects of the job.
- Working towards becoming proficient in all areas of the job.
- A College or University degree and / or relevant proven work experience is required preferred.
- Strong attention to detail as activities may have significant financial, client or business impact.
- Ability to multitask with a focus on organization and time management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required to present information/ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- In-depth Functional / Industry Knowledge is required.
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change.
- Technical skills / systems knowledge (e.g. PeopleSoft) is required.
Working with Us:
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
- Campus : Early Career
- Campus Cycle: 2021-22
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.