1. Job Purpose:
- To manage specific Audit clients and workflow via own team, providing high quality client service experience whilst ensuring adherence to individual job budgets and maximum fee recovery
- Ownership of client portfolio/contacts for ongoing management and development
- Partners and employees who are key stakeholders in audit work across the Service Line
- Day to day audit team management responsibility
- Being a people manager where appropriate (see separate people manager job spec document)
- Developing & building own network of intermediaries & prospects
- Government bodies and external organisations such as HMRC and ICAEW
Job/Workflow & Technical Management
- Ensure the planning, prioritising and allocation of all relevant client audit work ensuring effective team workflow
- Ensure establishment of scope and budget for each piece of client audit work under own control and ensure adequate briefing to team members
- Ensure full agreement from client for audit work to be undertaken and communicate likely fees prior to commencement to maximise fee recovery
- Ensure full implementation of all client audit work in line with agreed budget ensuring adherence to The KR Way standards of performance document, with completed audited accounts ready for R.I. review & sign off
- To proactively look for ways to maximise audit efficiency
- Develop working across the service line in a technical or sector role
- Monitor work progress and ensure appropriate levels of communication with all clients and internal stakeholders on progress for each key task or phase
- Ensure proactive management of instances where the ‘work performed’ exceeds the agreed client fee and ensure agreement of a mutually acceptable outcome
- Ensure preparation of bills for own client audit work done and ensure they are sent to the client in a timely manner
- Research and seeking to resolve issues for upward communication in more complex clients or higher risk aspects of audit work
- Run regular workflow meetings to prioritise work and to ensure deadlines are met, maximum work on track & to tackle any off track
Client, Internal and External Organisational Contact
- Manage, support and develop a client portfolio, with increased technical or complex issues or sector specialisms, ensuring the maximising of client advocacy & fee levels from own portfolio Act as a key point of contact for other nominated clients so as to manage all their Audit & other service requirements
- Return phone calls and written correspondence to all of the above within required deadline and ensure promises are kept
- Attend/lead Audit review and close down meetings for own clients as required
- Proactively contact clients when items of interest or benefit to the client arise therefore adding value
- Ensure overall provision for high levels of client service is in place across own client base
- Provide appropriate access and support for other internal departments to own Audit clients so as to assist the cross selling of services into the Audit client base
- Ensure client hygiene factors are in place, AML, KYC reviews, engagement letters, etc
Leadership, People Management and Development
- Be aware of individual team member capability & aspiration to ‘enable’ best performance of a team of direct reports through coaching & mentoring of audit team members
- Set out the objectives for the audit team at the start of each audit
- Monitor individual and team performance versus original objectives as set at the start of each audit and have an awareness of service line KPIs
- Provide regular feedback to all audit team members on their performance on job specific standards, ensuring praise where due and highlighting of issues for team member learning
- Provide support to Senior managers and Directors for internal & external recruitment of new Audit service line team members at assistant manager level and below
- Oversee professional development of audit team members
Internal Financial Management & Business Planning
- Monitor performance of team and individuals’ KPIs in line with the Audit SL business plan
- Where service line performance is at or above target, ensure this is communicated to own team and the celebration of success is encouraged
- Where service line performance is below target, encourage and instigate remedial action and focus from self and team colleagues to rectify and improve short term performance
- Continue to build own network of intermediaries, seek to generate referrals from own client base and convert prospects into new clients
- Support the Audit team in delivering the required departmental incremental fee target via
- networking (internal & external), meeting attendance, business pitches, presenting at webinars & writing of articles for relevant sectors
- Develop suitably strong internal Kreston Reeves connections such that access and support are given by all other internal departments to their own client bases
- Understand - Be curious, ask more & listen. Put yourself in the other person’s shoes.
- Look Ahead - Anticipate the future, plan for it, and embrace the benefits of change.
- Make it Personal - Adapt to others’ needs, flex your style to get the best outcome for every situation.
- Be Crystal Clear - Consult others, give helpful feedback; ensure people know what’s going on, and how it impacts on them.
- Be Human - Invest time in building strong relationships, have a positive ‘can do’ attitude and help others to grow.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide any form of visa sponsorship, so candidates must be a UK/Irish citizen or already possess a current UK Working Visa.