Operational Risk Control, AVP #204401
Your field of responsibility
You will join the BMR central control team who manages and supervises the controls identified, RCSA as well as publishes various key-metrics and dashboards. The job requires working closely with the various global teams within BMR in ensuring key controls are in place and tracking sign offs for process controls and audit closure. The role entails working closely with regional BMR reporting teams, who are responsible for meeting reporting requirements across the different regions (under FINMA, PRA, IHC and other regulatory regimes).
The person has responsibility to ensure that the above tasks are performed to the standards required under the Collaboration Agreement with the Regulatory team and that issues are called out appropriately.
- Handle the BMR control list and track the workflows from BOY DEA throughout EOY sign off on process controls to handle various Controls Programs like SOX, RDAR etc.
- Handle the RCSA process for BMR
- Handle and maintain the Controls SharePoint
- Maintain the BMR collaboration agreements
- Track the BMR audit points
- Prepare and publish the various BMR Key-metrics and dashboard
- Work closely with the ORM team in implementing and meeting the Treasury Op Risk requirements
- Assist in designing various controls' policy; developing, streamlining and improvement of processes and procedures across various functions from a controls perspective
- Liaise with the Regulatory teams in India, Switzerland, UK and US on an ongoing basis
- Understand FINMA Basel rules and how the rules are applied to production
- Understand the business reason on why a manual calculation is needed and why the underlying data is not flowing through infrastructure automatically. Development and streamlining of processes and procedures of exposure categories across various regulatory regimes – FINMA, PRA, US FED
- Understand the main Regulatory systems which are STAR, Axiom and COMET
- Obtain an understanding of upstream system dependencies
- Handle other control related tasks
- Provide documentation on the template procedures quarterly
- Provide sufficient supporting documentation to support compliance requirements
Your future colleagues
You will be joining BMR Controls Team within Group Finance, which is responsible for ensuring Controls landscape for BMR team who work on calculating and reporting RWA, LVR and Capital numbers to internal and external partners. You will work closely with BMR Line Function, Risk and Control Teams in Bank, Internal Audit and External Audit Teams.
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.
Your skills and experience
The candidate should be controls minded, meticulous and able to multitask across the different functions. He or She should be organized, self driven and proactive in seeking process-improvements. Should be an expert in excel. This will be a single contributor role. Having a basic understanding of the various capital risk measures and various financial products like OTC Derivatives, Repos, Loans, Open Trades and how the accounting of these works will help to a large extent for this role will help to a large extent for this role. Control/Accounting background is preferable with knowledge of SOX, RDAR, IHC Control Programs.
- 5-7 years’ experience in financial accounting & regulatory reporting, or controls
- Risk Management, Regulatory Compliance, SOX Controls Financial Reporting, Using Databases and Querying Tools
- Ability to liaise with business and technical teams of all levels.
- EDUCATION - M. com, CA, MBA, CFA
- Advanced understanding/experience of MS Excel/ MS Word/MS PowerPoint
- Experience in Business Objects/ Reporting Tools
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to liaise with all levels including senior management
- People management experience is an added advantage to manage junior control staffs
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking who can work on own initiative and can deliver on time under pressure with a high level of integrity and flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
- Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and value diverse perspectives
Your new employer
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion with a deep sense of belonging for all of us. We will consider flexible working opportunities where possible. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.