MY - Manager, Technical Support
Manager - Tax Technical Support
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
Deloitte Malaysia Tax Services, recognised as Malaysia Tax Firm of the Year 2020 and Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year 2020 by the International Tax Review, is having an opening for the challenging position of a Senior Manager to join our Technical Research and Analysis team in Kuala Lumpur office.
The Technical Research and Analysis team provides services to internal clients including analyses of tax consequences, specific direct income tax issues, monitoring and updates of changes to tax law, comparative surveys, technical opinions, as well as ongoing tax support. Team members must be familiar with the tax consulting process and the professionalism necessary for the effective diagnosis, solution, development and implementation of clients' tax needs.
Are you excited to explore this challenging position? Do you enjoy taxation? This is your chance to join a highly productive team at a fast-growing company doing what you are passionate about - tax research related to tax positions and the impact of income tax law changes.
Being a Senior Manager for the Technical Research and Analysis team, you will be working with your peers to research, analyze, evaluate, and answer tax questions for our internal clients. Your main role is to manager and monitor the team in providing quality income tax research and assisting with the development and internal consumption of tax data. The Technical Research and Analysis team is concerned with interpreting and explaining taxation legislation to internal clients. Changes in the annual National Budget and recent court decisions mean that tax law is constantly evolving. The Technical Research and Analysis team must therefore keep abreast of legislative developments and continually review their technical knowledge in order to provide prompt advice to internal clients.
If you are enthusiastic, pay attention to detail, and want to assist clients while building on your own tax and research skills as a member of a fast-paced, spirited team, then welcome to the Technical Research and Analysis team at Deloitte Malaysia Tax Services!
Work you’ll do
- Go above and beyond assisting our internal clients with their tax questions by providing detailed and accurate responses.
- Research and learn about numerous issues of tax law, regulations, and procedures, and further develop your ability to provide the explanations, analysis, and recommendations our clients need.
- Put your problem-solving abilities and strategies to use.
- Share your insights and best practices with your peers by discussing both common and complex tax issues to help ensure the accuracy and consistency of the team.
- Writes reports, updates and monthly publication.
- Share knowledge to develop professionally and enhance service delivery. Facilitate open communication and supervise staff and peers.
- Contribute to a flexible, stable, and team-oriented working culture.
- Be ready to take on new and exciting roles and responsibilities as they arise!
What you'll bring to the team
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to explain complex topics to internal clients
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills to provide detailed assistance to internal clients
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills which are necessary in order to inspire confidence in the assistance you provide
- Ability to multitask and thrive on a team within a fast-paced, high volume environment
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Senior Managers across our Firm are expected to:
- Establish a strong leadership brand by inspiring others through passion, integrity, and appreciation.
- Create opportunities to drive impact by leveraging each person’s strengths to build high performing teams.
- Apply deep knowledge of trends and activity to drive continuous improvement
- Build lasting relationships across a diverse network
- Translate and communicate broader strategy into a convincing team vision and goals, in order to align the team and sets priorities to achieve objectives
- Actively contribute to building the talent pipeline by championing a talent experience that attracts, develops and retains top talent and high performing teams
- Manage diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where team members feels supported, respected and engaged
- At least 6 years public accounting experience in taxation
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, CPA or ACCA, members of CTIM / MIA / MICPA
- Excellent written and oral skills as well as excellent presentation skills
- Outstanding people skills with the ability to work with all levels
- Excellent supervisory, analytical, organizational, and leadership ability
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently irrespective of deadlines and deliverables, multiple demands and competing priorities
- Excellent research skills, including a logical and creative approach to drilling down to specific data to surface information that is vital to the accuracy of published content
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.