Manager - Tax - VAT
The Financial Services Indirect Tax (VAT) team works with many organisations across all financial services sectors (banking and capital markets, wealth and asset management, insurance, and aircraft leasing). We are growing very fast and in order to seize the opportunities available in the market, the team requires new talent.
You will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of clients across all sectors of the Financial Services industry as part of a globally integrated network of specialists who come from a range of different backgrounds such as traditional tax practice, industry legal, commercial, technology and Revenue. The work is technically challenging, creative and requires you to work closely with our clients’ businesses.
This is a period of unprecedented change in the tax arena, which is resulting in huge demand for delivery of a wide range of Indirect Tax advisory services. For the right candidate this role will be a springboard to a successful career - we have an excellent track record of internal promotions and place development at the centre of our people strategy. We’re an active and friendly team and are excited about the fast growth of our group. You will work closely with the directors and partners who will provide you with the support and opportunities to assist you in realising your full potential.
The projects the team work on, are innovative which makes it one of the most exciting places to work in tax. It is also a place where you can learn and build upon your understanding of a broad range of Indirect Tax concepts to develop your career as a skilled and trusted tax professional.
Your key responsibilities
- Enthusiastic manager with ability to create and sustain an effective team.
- Ensure delivery of quality work and take day to day management of delivery team
- Help people to develop through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring staff
- Contribute to people initiatives, including retaining and training tax professionals
- Significant involvement in the management of the team both in terms of strategy and operations and also through managing junior staff development and assignment
Skills and attributes for success
- Build and maintain tax relationships with clients and provide exceptional levels of client service
- Negotiation skills, able to gain buy-in and handle challenges
- Business development skills - able to identify and convert opportunities by proactively managing existing client relationships and winning new clients
- High level management of the successful delivery of technically complex and demanding consulting projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical / business driven approach taken
- Overall responsibility of quality client service
- Manage possible leads from other areas of the practice
- Build networks and relationships internally and externally for the team to leverage from
- Contribute to successfully extracting maximum value for both EY and clients from the tax services delivered whilst managing risk appropriately for both client and the firm.
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- ACA/ACCA/CTA or Law qualification or be a Tax Inspector
- Ability to build strong client relationships and commercially aware.
- Negotiation skills, able to sustain opinion and handle challenges.
- Business development skills, able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work
- Strong practical and commercial experience having either advised clients or worked ‘in-house’
- Strong VAT technical skills
- Effective time management, ability to remain calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral
- Enthusiastic team player with ability to create, sustain and manage effective, inclusive teams
- Project management skills, plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
Ideally, you will also have:
- Experience working within Financial Services
- A working knowledge of ERP systems such as SAP, Oracle and proficient in all Microsoft Office applications such as excel and powerpoint.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements, including remote and part-time working. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service and allowing you to build your career, without sacrificing your personal priorities. Be part of a global team of experts to develop unique and innovative solutions as well as benefitting from best-in-class training and development.
EY is a global leader in Assurance, Tax, Transaction and Advisory services. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential. Our vision is to become the leading global professional services organisation by building a better working world.
At EY our inclusive work environment means that everyone’s opinion is valued. This enables us to provide better advice and ideas to our clients, which in turn helps you develop as an individual to achieve your potential and make a difference.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.