Tax Manager M&A
Can’t wait to make an impact on the world? You’re not alone. Join us in driving progress in the working world and beyond.
Your journey with us starts within Global Business Tax - M&A.
The M&A tax team is a specialist team within Deloitte Belgium’s Global Business Tax group, supporting clients throughout the M&A lifecycle. The M&A tax team is advising corporate clients, private equity funds, management and other stakeholders on all tax matters arising within the framework of mergers, acquisitions, disposals, (re)financing transactions and post-merger integration projects, hereby closely collaborating with M&A professionals in other business units of Deloitte.
How do your daily activities look like?
Being part of the M&A tax team, you will:
- be part of, or manage, an enthusiastic and diverse team, not only executing projects, but also bringing new ideas and solutions to the table;
- coordinate, and work on, Belgian and cross-border M&A projects, including due diligence and tax structuring projects;
- advise on the set-up of investment in funds or other investment vehicles;
- focus on corporate tax, without losing sight of other taxes (VAT, personal tax, real estate transfer tax, etc.) that are relevant for an M&A transaction;
- work with M&A colleagues and experts in foreign Deloitte offices countries;
- gain insights and experience on what makes a successful M&A transaction;
- interact with clients and other advisors;
- help to develop the business and manage client relationships (as a manager);
- analyze, and make recommendations on, often quite complex Belgian and international tax issues, hereby considering the specific context in which the problem or issue arise
Let’s talk about you
You are the person we are looking for if you are passionate about tax, but also take a healthy interest in a/o legal, finance and accounting matters. You want to understand what is going on beyond your area of expertise, and strive to understand the key drivers of a target business and a successful M&A transaction.
You have gained 5 years or more (manager or senior manager) of experience in tax and have a degree in a business-related discipline, such as law or economics. You are willing to be part of a team and continuously invest in communication, business and tax skills.
Deloitte Tax and Legal lies at the crossroads of tax, law, business and innovation, so it is subject to constant change. We get that. Unlike others, our young and dynamic team of tax and legal specialists thrive on this complexity and see the opportunities. It’s what keeps us sharp. We help our clients connect for impact by anticipating change, unlocking the full potential of their people, extracting strategic insights from data, and creating new value through digital technologies.
To assist our clients in dealing with the intricacies of tax, our Business tax team based in Brussels proposes the services of a multi-disciplinary team of specialists (lawyers, economists, accountants, IT-specialist, project managers), who are highly experienced. This experience spans assisting companies with corporate tax compliance, dealing with the complexities of local regulations and procedures – such as communicating with local tax authorities, setting up new registrations and filing returns.
Who is Deloitte?
World-leading professional services firm, we offer value added services in audit & assurance, risk advisory, accounting, tax & legal, consulting and financial advisory.
+5000 dedicated professionals, active in +10 offices throughout the country, take great pride in supporting our clients with multidisciplinary expertise, industry knowledge, and innovative solutions. We offer services to a wide variety of clients, from national and international companies, small, fast-growing and large organizations to public institutions and governmental authorities.
Be the true you! We foster diversity and inclusion and encourage you to bring your authentic self to work. Explore, question and collaborate while building a career that inspires and energies you.
Never stop growing! Diversity of thought makes us stronger. At Deloitte, we tailor a personalized learning experience, offering you the opportunity to grow at your own pace and achieve maximum impact.
We practice what we preach! As a Purpose-led organisation, at the heart of everything we do is a set of timeless principles and unifying values.
Life looks different for each of us, so we created a varied benefits package that you can tap into:
- My Benefits My Choice, a flexible rewards plan tailored to your lifestyle and priorities
- Sustainable transport options offered by Mobility@Deloitte
- Flexible work arrangements for all and initiatives supported by Parents@Deloitte
- Wellbeing tips and activities powered by Energise@Deloitte
- Topped off with other health benefits and insurance opportunities
Empowering our employees with flexible work arrangements remains essential in today's reality:
- Hybrid workplace: combination of home office and on-site (+10 offices in Belgium or client's premises).
- Part-time employment: all our jobs are open to part-time work under a 90% or 80% regime
Join us to make an impact together!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.