Strategy & Transactions - Lead Advisory - M&A Executive/Manager
Strategy & Transactions (“SAT”) – Executive/Manager
We provide the following core corporate finance services: M&A, management buy-outs/ buy-ins, capital raising, and strategic, commercial and financial restructuring advice. We have sector specialisms and a Capital & Debt Advisory Team which supports all our sectors & clients. Our deep understanding of the changing capital agenda has delivered outstanding results and recognition. This success stems from the calibre of our people, whose breadth of technical expertise and industry sector knowledge is exceptional. We are currently looking for an Executive (qualified/newly qualified level) or Manager (transaction experience) based in our Dublin office.
About SaT(Strategy and Transactions):
By helping organizations of all sizes evaluate and navigate transactions, maximizing opportunities and minimizing risks, you will help clients manage and execute high-profile transactions. You will bring your analytical skills and real-world experience to diverse situations and unique problems. By appreciating your clients’ overall objectives and understanding how transactions can influence an organisation’s success, you will assess and navigate risks, and balance them against potential rewards.
As a SAT Executive / Manager you will work with a high-performing, integrated team which focuses on a wide variety of clients and delivers a range of assignments focusing on mergers and acquisitions, valuations and business modelling, restructuring and transaction support. You will have a diverse range of broad experiences which will give you continuous learning and development opportunities as well as a great sense of achievement.
This growing team focuses on building strong relationships which will ultimately help you and your clients reach their potential. The group is seeking to recruit Executives & Managers who will be able to build on their current transaction, advisory and commercial experience as they work on diverse and demanding assignments. Due to the variety of services we provide to our clients, the work requires a high level of adaptability, flexibility and innovation.
- Model the financial implications of transactions.
- Creative in the sourcing and use of information and able to make sensible assumptions where appropriate.
- Absorb new technical information quickly and develop a deep understanding of the strategic rationale for transactions.
- Work with clients to take proposals to market, identifying target buyers, funders or partners and present opportunities in the most effective way, negotiate and structure transactions with other professionals to a successful completion.
- Review and prepare complex reports and presentations to clients.
- Have strong knowledge of market and keen for business development opportunities
Responsibilities, Qualifications, Certifications:
- Manage sell side mandates through optimal positioning of the assets or business, identifying target bidders, preparing Information Memoranda and negotiating commercial terms.
- Manage buy side mandates, identifying targets and working with clients to structure and negotiate successful transactions
- Self awareness to seek feedback on performance and drive own development.
- Demonstrate strong numerical and financial skills and an understanding of financial statements.
- Prior experience and good knowledge of the Corporate Finance landscape.
Your duties and responsibilities:
- Working under the supervision of Senior Managers, Directors or Partners within SAT as well as other EY departments both in Ireland and internationally on the following assignments:
- Sellside, Buyside Fundraising & Strategic Advice
- Informal business reviews
- Due diligence
- Business modelling
- Business planning
- Working effectively as a team member by sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior members on progress.
- Understanding our client’s requirements, co-developing our approach with the client, and providing value to our clients through insights, factual conclusions and advice.
- Gathering, verifying and analysing information to formulate views.
- Day to day progression of assignments to include; planning, preparing and reviewing various forms of deliverables to include reports and presentations.
- A focus on anticipating and identifying risks that require escalation and subsequently escalating these risks to more senior staff as appropriate.
- Working closely with colleagues you will ensure that work is properly executed, documented and concluded in compliance with our Quality & Risk Management guidelines.
- Actively establishing, maintaining and strengthening your internal and external relationships.
- As an influential member of the team, you will help to create a positive learning culture. You will be responsible for mentoring and developing more junior members of staff and providing constructive feedback on both a formal and informal basis.
- Maintaining and constantly upgrading technical knowledge and personal skills.
Technical skill requirements:
- Experience of working on and a deep technical knowledge of the Corporate Finance landscape with particular emphasis on M&A and Debt Advisory;
- Ability to communicate effectively with key stakeholders.
- High level commercial acumen.
- Proficient in detailed financial and commercial analysis and the ability to identify potential areas of sensitivity.
- Ability to identify key issues on assignments and suggest workable solutions.
- Experience in presenting findings clearly in reports and other deliverables to clients.
- Qualified/newly qualified with ACA, ACCA or equivalent qualification
- Strong commercial experience and/or relevant industry experience
- Excellent communicator, both oral and written
- Strong IT skills, to an advanced level in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Project management skills
- Effective time management
- Ability to keep calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
- Team player with the ability to build effective relationships at all levels but also able to work effectively on your own using your own initiative and judgement as required
Who we are:
About EY and our Vision:
EY is a global professional services organisation providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are committed to doing our part in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. And we are united by our shared values and a dedication to delivering exceptional client service.
We have ambitious goals for 2020. Globally, we want to be #1 or #2 in professional services and be the best brand. To achieve this, our teams need to perform at the highest level, and have a relentless focus on delivering the excellent client service that will help us to continue to grow and become the market leader. In this context, your career will develop and grow.
We make sure our people succeed. The networks you build and the experiences you have with us will help define and accelerate the rest of your career. Last year in the UK and Ireland, nearly 2,000 of our people were promoted or progressed within their grade, and we are significantly increasing the number of partners. So when you build something better at EY, we make sure you’re rewarded.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.