EY Graduate Programme - Tax
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunities: your next adventure awaits
What if we told you Tax offers one of the most exciting, challenging and rewarding careers out there? Consider it, taxation mirrors the constantly evolving modern world, thus it is in constant flux, which requires our teams in Tax to adapt and apply their knowledge in new innovative ways every day. In EY our Tax Service Line deals with international taxation systems across a range of industries. Tax in EY is exactly where you want to kick-start your career.
Companies today face increasingly complex tax and regulatory changes, which means our role as trusted advisors is more important than ever. We predict how tax will evolve and how best to react to those changes. Our clients rely on our Tax team’s extraordinary understanding to best manage their assets and ensure they’re being taxed properly.
If you are passionate and possess an insatiable hunger for knowledge,we want you to apply for our Graduate Programme in Tax.
Your key responsibilities
You’ll work in high-performing teams that deliver exceptional client service, from responding to regulatory reforms to managing capital life cycle and improving business operations – playing your part in building a better working world.
You'll make technical contribution to engagements and internal projects, execute the work plan and assist in preparing reports that will be delivered to clients and other parties. You'll actively establish internal and external relationships, and identify and escalate potential business opportunities for EY on existing engagements. With a clear focus on anticipating and identifying risks or improvement to business performance, you'll escalate issues as appropriate. You'll confirm that the work delivered to clients is of high quality and is reviewed by the next-level reviewer.
Skills and attributes for success
- A team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Good analytical, report-writing and presentation skills
- Strong drive to excel professionally
- Strong leadership qualities and a good record of extra-curricular activities
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
- At least an average distinction/ 2nd upper degree in accounting, commerce, economics, finance, information technology, computer science, business systems, business management, law or other business-related fields
- Currently in your final year or a fresh graduate
- Individuals with post-graduate degrees and / or professional qualifications are encouraged to apply
- Ideally, you’ll also have past relevant trainee/internship experiences
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
What you can expect
- Shortlisted candidates can expect to complete an online assessment and a self-recorded video interview.
- Attach your CV, cover letter and academic transcripts when submitting your application.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.