Fund Accounting Oversight, AVP
Who we are looking for
The Fund accounting AVP is a managerial role within the State Streets daily accounting oversight department in London to run the back office operations for a group of the UK clients. As part of the daily role, the Fund Accounting AVP is acting as an escalation point for the clients issue and concerns, also supporting the oversight team members to ensure a timely NAV validation and dissemination. The role holder is expected to partner with State Streets Outsourced Service centers and Centers of excellence to ensure a high quality outcome from these offshore teams.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Delivery (SSGD). SSGD gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a Fund Accounting AVP you will:
- Responsible for managing and directing the overall accounting and administration model for several client sponsored investment funds, specifically regulated UK entities and unit trust.
- Manage internal and external client relationships and handle daily operation related queries.
- Manage and oversee development of all subordinate staff members
- Ensure service level agreements are met and implement appropriate changes where necessary.
- Develop, review and analyze metric data & risk reports and present findings and solutions to Management
- Oversee reviews of procedures on a regular basis to ensure alignment with Standard Operating Procedures is up to date
- Comply with company risk and compliance requirements and assist in the Corporate Audit when necessary
- Analyse current processes and recommend process improvements
- Meet client deliverables timely and accurately with no performance alert and financial loss.
- Proactively look for solutions to client problems to improve the process and reduce/ simplify the cycles with the goal of the Head Count savings
- Ensure teams have the proper training, etc to meet deliverables. Ensure controls, checklists, procedures, and compliance requirements are met timely and accurately when delivering services to our clients. Ensure all company trainings are completed timely for both team and individual. Ensure the succession plan has been placed and regularly updated
- Keep Risk excellence in mind. Including issue escalation, business project communication, and business partnership communication.
- Communicate to clients effectively and build strategic partnerships with your clients. Escalate issues timely, and work well in a team environment to accomplish our goals.
- Ensure Overtime policy is followed with no exception within your team. Manage the turnover rate for not exceeding agreed target
- Support and participate in global footprint strategy to ensure 100% completion on schedule.
- Finish the finance saving target on time
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Familiar with the Fund accounting service and etc. business, have broad knowledge of fund accounting process or bank back office operation
- Good understanding of Corp Action, Derivative, Future, Pricing, Capstock would be prefer
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills; results driven with ability to creatively problem solve
- 5+ years’ experience in fund service with a good understanding of global market and local regulation.
- 2+ years of management experience
- Strong ability and past experience to drive changes and projects.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Securities qualification or accounting related certification is a plus
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or financial related discipline and / or work related experience in financial services or fund administration
- 5+ years worked related experience
- ACA or ACCA would be plus
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.