Planning and Analysis - Financial Modelling Associate
The start-up nature of the business means key finance functions including P&A, business finance strategy / financial modelling, LOB treasury functional responsibilities and business management are currently residing in the same team. We are looking for two enthusiastic, adaptable Associates who can join us in continuing to build and develop the function. New ideas and innovative ways of working are welcomed and you will be part of our daily team stand up where we plan the book of work, discuss risks and issues, and focus on upcoming milestones. As a new business, we are seeking team players with great communication skills to partner closely with many stakeholders across the organization and those associates with strong analytical experience. Any business finance or data modelling would be a great benefit.
Key responsibilities shared across the team include:
- Business finance planning and modelling
- Executive management reporting and insights
- Budget planning & monthly outlook
- ICAAP & ILAAP responsibilities (stress testing, baseline planning, key finance risks)
- Supporting controllers through variance analysis and commentary of key business drivers
- Ownership of legal entity related reporting; considering balance sheet trends, and regulatory threshold monitoring
- P&L reporting, Customer economics, data modelling
- Ownership and monitoring of cost attribution calculations and bookings between legal entities
- Partnering with the business as a trusted partner and advisor in providing support to product, marketing & technology teams on all financial matters
- Developing insightful materials to support the narrative of key messages including thorough research to substantiate and challenge assumptions and estimations
- Diverse engagement and partnering with numerous functions across the Firm - Legal entity control, regulatory, tax, policy and controller functions with inputs and insights of the business
F&BM operates as an agile and cross-functional area and the successful candidate will be required to flex their skill set to support the wider teams as required.
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills and ability to communicate at all levels
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Analyse data, identify trends, drivers and reasoning for financial changes
- Flexibility to work under pressure to meet changing work requirements and strict deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and auditable record keeping
Systems/ Technical Experience
- Financial modelling and proficiency in Excel is a must
- Understanding of financial accounting standards preferred
- Preferred or aptitude and willing to learn:
- Alteryx and Tableau experience
- Data modelling (SQL, Python)
Education & Professional Experience
- Degree in Finance/Accounting/IT/Mathematics from top university
- 3+ years of professional experience in Finance/Planning & Analysis/Controlling
- Knowledge of banking products a plus
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.