EMEA Prime Finance Business Management - Associate
The Global Equities business provides a wide range of innovative equities solutions to institutional, investor and issuer clients – from initial public offerings, secondary placements and equity-linked structures to private placements, equity derivatives products, cash equities trading (single stock trading, program trading, and Electronic Client Solutions), as well as Prime Finance (Cash & Synthetic Financing, SBL) and Derivative Clearing services
CIB Equities / Finance & Business Management (“F&BM”) is seeking an Associate level Business Manager (“BM”) based in London covering EMEA Prime Finance ("Prime"). The Business Manager focuses on the Prime product/line of business and provides local support to senior leadership, including the EMEA co-heads of Prime Finance, and is critical for driving strategic analysis, process improvement, financial analysis and business governance. The BM coverage will span multiple products (Cash Prime Brokerage, Synthetics (Single Stock Swap, Baskets, P-Notes), Stock Borrow Loan) and functions (Client Service, Product Development, Client Onboarding).
The Business Manager works across the organization to provide support to senior leadership, and is critical for driving strategic analysis, process improvement, financial analysis and governance/controls.
This role is within the CIB Equities F&BM organization under the leadership of Global Prime Finance Business Manager, and reports directly into the EMEA Prime Finance Business Manager. Responsibilities will focus on the EMEA region and include:
Drive EMEA Prime Business Growth and Strategy
- Ensure implementation of local business strategies and help drive change
- Run / maintain disciplined governance forums covering the priorities of the business/region
- Track progress to ensure delivery; escalate issues and roadblocks
- Provide analytics for business decisions
- Analyze and understand the competitive landscape
Optimize EMEA Prime Business Performance
- Understand all aspects/drivers of the business financials (revenue, expenses, balance sheet, capital etc.
- Coordinate EMEA portion of the annual Plan / Budget process, as well as intra-year forecasting
- Drive regular expense reviews to ensure targets are met; ensure compliance with expense policies
- Assist in investment/productivity initiatives (headcount, technology, new products etc.)
Manage Business Risks
- Assist with regulatory reform issues that impact the business
- NBIA (New Business Initiatives)
- 3-5 years work experience. Prime Finance / Prime Brokerage background and knowledge strongly preferred
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Good judgment, maturity and poise to enable interaction/influencing of senior management
- Thoughtful analytical skills; able to develop, clearly present and draw conclusions
- Strong project management skills
- Self-starter able to prioritize key tasks effectively
- Energetic, self-motivated and effective under pressure - must enjoy the challenge of working within a fast-paced and demanding working environment
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world. For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.