Senior Financial Accountant
Description of business unit
The role is part of the Group Statutory Reporting team within Group Financial Control.
Group Statutory Reporting has responsibility to deliver accurate and timely Group and entity (i.e. Group's holding company) financial information (statutory and management) to internal partners and to fulfil the external reporting requirements of the Group including Interim and Annual Reports.
Purpose of the Role
The role holder will have a high level of responsibility in the timely delivery of the Team's core remit including the preparation and review of the Group's Annual & Interim Reports.
- Delivery of high quality financial information to key partners, including analytical support as the need arises to the Finance executive management.
- Preparation and review of the Group and Bank financial statements (Annual Report, Interim Report), external returns, subsidiary financial statements and facilitation of the audit process. Collaborating closely with the divisional financial control teams to ensure that timetable commitments for each reporting cycle/requirement are met and that any issues are appropriately resolved on a timely basis.
- Drive and actively participate in the team change agenda/finance transformation/process improvements including the enhancement of reporting controls, operational changes and the closure of Internal Audit points.
- Implementation of new Group reporting requirements and various Group projects initiatives as they arise.
- Contribute to the determination of appropriate financial control activities to ensure the completeness and accuracy of all financial reporting.
What is the opportunity
This role provides a great opportunity to develop an understanding of the Group's financial reporting process, an understanding of the overall performance and results of the Group and an opportunity to collaborate with various teams across the Group as part of the reporting process.
- Qualified Accountant
- 3rd level education with strong academic ability.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated experience of delivering high quality financial information within tight deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure whilst coordinating a wide range of tasks and inputs from a number of different areas.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of team, with proven problem solving ability and creating efficiencies.
- Capable to review the work of others and provide effective feedback and review comments prior to manager review.
- Demonstrated experience of developing good professional working relationships with key partners.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Previous experience of working in the Banking sector.
- Relevant knowledge of the regulatory and legal environment in which the Group operates and the ability to apply that knowledge in addressing practical issues.
- IT Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), good knowledge of consolidation and general ledger systems (ideally BCS and SAP).
- Customer Focused - Leader
- One Group, one team - Leader
- Accountable - Leader
- Champion Transformation - Leader
- Agile - Leader
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.