Analyst, Corporate Actions
Who we are
Northern Trust is a preeminent global financial institution that provides asset servicing, investment management and wealth management services for institutions, high-net-worth individuals and families. For more than 130 years, our success has been anchored in one purpose: to serve as our clients’ most trusted financial partner, guarding and growing their assets as though they are our own. Our market-leading technological capabilities—spanning from artificial intelligence for currency management, blockchain for fund administration and cloud-based solutions to deliver personalized wealth management services—allow us to deliver the highest level of service to our clients with speed and precision.
What we do
Northern Trust’s international business has grown dramatically over the last decade. Some of our largest clients are located in Asia and Australia, which represents a rapidly growing client base for the company. Our intricate understanding of the region allows us to provide unique insights and strategic perspectives to our clients. Currently, we have client offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur.
Northern Trust is proud to serve the Australian community with global capabilities, meaningful insights and exceptional service. Institutional clients across Asia Pacific have relied on Northern Trust for effective solutions and ethical guidance across asset servicing and asset management since 1986.
The Corporate Actions team manage the end to end processing of complex corporate actions in the APAC region for global clients. The diverse team works closely with global counterparts to ensure our external clients can make informed and timely decisions by utilizing the information provided by the team.
As the Corporate Actions Analyst, you will be well versed in the end to end process of voluntary events such as capital raisings, tender offers and dividend reinvestment plans.
We are open to Sydney and Melbourne locations.
What you will do
- Researching and validating new voluntary corporate actions and creating an announcement to be released to our clients
- Reviewing unelected balance reports and communicating with external clients and investment managers to obtain an election for domestic and international voluntary corporate actions
- Collating corporate actions elections, reconciling eligible balances before instructing our custodian/sub custodians
- Reconciling entitlements and posting to our client accounts
- Client and Investment Manager query management
- Ensuring day to day deliverables are met. Checklists are to be prepared and submitted to the next level on a daily basis
- Identifying and resolving problems within established guidelines
- Running and creating formal reports
- Functional Industry Knowledge : Understanding of Corporate Actions procedures Domestically and ideally within APAC
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Core analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to innovate particularly across the technology and systems used
- Relevant work experience in a similar role
As of 30 September 2021, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $15.8 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $12.2 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.5 trillion in assets under management
- $169 billion in banking assets
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience. Which Is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg, 2021 (4th consecutive year)
- Top ranking of 100% on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s, Corporate Equality Index, 2021 (For the 14th consecutive year, Northern Trust has scored 100% and earned the designation as a “Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality”)
In Australia, we are actively involved in many ways with both community and diversity organisations, which includes charity participation days. For families we offer a very generous parental leave scheme, and all staff have access to subsidised health insurance if they choose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
- Want to learn more about our company? Visit www.northerntrust.com
- We are a leading global financial institution- Click here to check out our company accolades!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.