Assistant Manager / Senior Accountant
About the job
Our client are a rapidly growing accounting and business advisory practice firm based in Melbourne. They are a community of driven advisors that empower entrepreneurs to achieve their fullest potential.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for managing a book of business and client relationship of SMEs within Australia. Your advisory skills will provide outstanding accounting advice and making sure that they provide the top-notch advice.
If you are searching for your next challenge and looking to join a young and dynamic Accounting and Business Services Practice, we would be delighted to hear from you!
Benefits of the company
· Participate in a rapidly expanding and profitable company
· Lucrative pay and awesome headquarters in the CBD
· Opportunity to advance to Partner
· Opportunity to advanced to Manager
What you’ll do
· Providing professional accounting and compliance advice to clients.
· Supporting clients with tax related queries including individuals and businesses, this includes tax compliance, cash flow forecasting, business acquisitions, tax advice and business advisory
· Assist in managing onshore and offshore teams and providing coaching and support.
· Monthly management reports and the construction of logical and accurate working papers
· Conducting accounting, taxation, and business advisory research and technical advisory work for clients
· Reviewing basic Income Tax, GST, PAYG, FBT & BAS returns
· Risk reduction and tax minimization measures for such engagements
What you’ll need
· Minimum of 5+ years working in public practice with team supervision experience.
· Degree qualification and CA or CPA qualified.
· In depth experience in the preparation and review of tax and consulting / modelling engagements including budgeting and cash flow forecasting.
· Demonstrated technical expertise (Microsoft Excel and Xero).
· Be able to build strong relationships with clients.
· Proven track record as a coach or mentor to junior and senior accountants.
· Knowledge of the taxation legislation.
· Strong compliance experience, with exposure to the property & construction industry is a bonus but not required.
· Exposure to internal tax is a massive bonus but not essential.
· A positive attitude and with a great willingness to grow.
· Excellent communication skill.
· Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
Please note that only applicants that have valid work rights and based in Australia will be considered.