Corporate Tax Manager / Associate Director
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, UK; Birmingham, West Midlands, UK; Bristol, Bristol, UK; Leicester, Leicestershire, UK; Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, UK; Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, UK
About the firm and department
RSM is a leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services to middle market leaders, globally. With around 3,650 partners and staff in the UK and access to 48,000 people in over 120 countries across the RSM network, we can meet our clients’ needs wherever in the world they operate as well as offering brilliant careers to our employees.
Our Corporate Tax Central Region Team is growing and services clients across a great variety of industries, such as retail, technology and construction to name a few. We work with owner managed businesses, private equity backed enterprises and global companies, managing their tax affairs both on the compliance side and in relation to additional advisory matters. The latter includes due diligence, transactions and restructuring, as well as R&D. You will work as part of the Central Region Team, feeding into the national and international network of tax professionals at RSM.
With this in mind, and RSM's desire to achieve an inspiring and fulfilling working environment which compliments individuals' personal lives, an array of flexible and hybrid working arrangements are supported. You may be based from one of the following offices: Birmingham, Bristol, Bury St Edmunds, Cambridge, Leicester, Milton Keynes or Nottingham. You will also liaise with colleagues across the firm to provide a joined-up service combining expertise in accounting, audit and all relevant taxes.
About the job
This is a brilliant opportunity to make a significant contribution towards the overall future development and success of the corporate tax offering, across the Central Region and beyond, by providing technical support and driving excellent client service on existing corporate clients. In addition, you will support the Partners by taking an active role in business development.
- Acting as the main point of contact and responding quickly to clients.
- Liaising with the client throughout the year, always practicing the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- Identifying and advising on tax planning opportunities as well as undertaking specialist technical projects.
- Managing projects in accordance with the firm’s standard procedures and confirming arrangements with the client, including likely costs and billing arrangements.
- Ensuring the work meets targeted recovery and billing clients on a timely basis.
- Researching and preparing proposals for new work, and taking part in presentations to prospective clients.
- Actively being involved in office and regional business development activities.
- Taking an active involvement in client seminars and effectively following up.
- Ensuring appropriate liaison takes place with all other departments and all potential client needs are identified and serviced accordingly.
- Maintaining detailed knowledge of the firm’s specialist services and undertaking project work in response to client needs.
- Maintaining an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses and fulfilling professional bodies’ CPD requirements.
- Managing staff, including taking an active role in their development.
- Attending staff meetings and training as required.
- Briefing junior staff on clients and the pre-assignment instructions, supervising and controlling the completion of work, and undertaking ‘on the job’ training and appraisals.
- Ensuring the clients’ tax affairs comply with statutory requirements and managing compliance efficiently.
- Carrying out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the line manager, Head of Department or a Partner.
About the ideal candidate
You will have solid corporate tax advisory experience and effective team leadership skills, with an interest in and/or aptitude for business development. Opportunities for progression are open for the right candidate with excellent support for training and development needs.
- Good standard of education, particularly in Math's and English.
- Ideally CTA / ATII qualified or equivalent, along with a prior tax or accounting qualification such as CA, ACCA or ATT.
- Proven tax experience in producing high quality work within budget in a practice firm.
- Proven experience in client handling and project management.
Note: This job description reflects the present requirements of the role. As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and will be subject to amendment in consultation with the individual.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity and inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution. To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.