Assistant Manager, Finance Planning and Analysis
At Grab, every Grabber is guided by The Grab Way, which spells out our mission, how we believe we can achieve it, and our operating principles - the 4Hs: Heart, Hunger, Honour and Humility. These principles guide and help us make decisions as we work to create economic empowerment for the people of Southeast Asia.
Get to know the team
You will be part of the Country Financial Planning & Analysis team overseeing Grab’s On-Demand Segments which include services such as Transport, Food, Mart and Express.
Get to know the role
You will be part of the Country FP&A team supporting Grab’s On-Demand Segments, which comprises businesses such as GrabCar, GrabFood, GrabMart and GrabExpress. As an FP&A business partner, you will be expected to work directly with the Heads of the businesses and the country leaders to help formulate and refine the strategy and financial projections for the business. Key success factors for this role include strong analytical skills, good communication and presentation skills, good business acumen and ability to work independently in a start-up environment.
The Day-to-Day Activities
- Support and manage the budgeting, forecasting and long-term planning process for the assigned businesses with input from key business stakeholders and the Country Head of FP&A.
- Track and monitor actual KPIs and financial performance against budget / forecast and provide insights into opportunities and risks to the business teams in a timely manner.
- Develop financial models and build business cases to evaluate new business ideas.
- Work closely with wider FP&A and Accounting teams to help improve reporting processes and tools (including but not limited to budgeting systems, management reporting systems and other financial reporting interfaces).
- Responsible for management reporting and follow up analysis towards budget and forecast.
- Monitoring of revenue and major cost items on a weekly basis to be able to provide insights to the business on a timely manner.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis where required to assist in management decision making.
- Active involvement in new initiatives or projects as required.
- Able to deal with multiple stakeholders across all management levels.
- Able to identify key business drivers and provide insightful analysis to help the business to grow top line revenues and manage costs.
- Experienced in working in a fast-paced environment with high performing teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance (or related)
- Advanced Excel and Google Sheet skills in building complex financial models and experience with using planning systems
- Ability to translate business requirements and queries into financial analysis and financial projections/models
- At least 5 years of experience in financial and business analysis and supporting business teams. Preferably with experience in business partnering
- Strong sense of ownership to see projects to completion
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong integrity and comfortable to raise concerns or highlight opportunities
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to think creatively outside the box
We are committed to building diverse teams and creating an inclusive workplace that enables all Grabbers to perform at their best, regardless of nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, gender identity or sexual orientation and other attributes that make each Grabber unique.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.