About the role
The National Finance Office (NFO) are hiring a Payments Manager to join their team. The purpose of this role is to ensure the NFO function meets reporting deadlines, looking after our supplier and people expense transactions and other ad hoc tasks.
About the company and department
The National Finance Office is a team of approximately 80 people, split over various locations. They are responsible for supporting the firm with all financial aspects of the day to day running, including supplier payments and expenses, payroll, commercial finance support and financial and statutory accounting to name a few.
The Corporate Reporting team in which this role resides is responsible all supplier payments along with partner and staff expense payments.
About the job and responsibilities
The focus of this role is the management of the Payments team. Responsibilities of the role include but may not be limited to:
- Manage, coach and develop the team, direct line management of payment supervisors and indirectly payment assistants
- Manage and prioritise the workload of the team, in line with the team SLA and report on KPIs
- Manage the overall processes and controls of the payments function, ensure work is carried out in line with procedures
- Continually develop and improve/streamline the processes within the team
- Monthly reporting to Finance management around payments, payment ledgers and the team
- Review of all payment runs and ad hoc payments before approval
- Build relationships with internal clients and external suppliers
- Project work as required
- Ensuring correct tax treatment is followed
- Keep line manager and wider management team up to date with progress on team tasks and objectives
- Ad hoc requests as required
In addition, you will be required to liaise with other departments within RSM to ensure processes are being followed, therefore you will need good communication skills and will develop a strong knowledge of our internal functions to gain the insight and knowledge to produce high quality management information.
About the ideal candidate
The candidate should be organised and methodical in their approach, with a good eye for detail who is enthusiastic and a team player.
The candidate should be adaptable to change, thorough, flexible, and resilient whilst remaining accurate and helpful whilst working under pressure.
Excellent communication skills and being comfortable with computer systems including Excel is important.
- Proficient in Excel (understanding of pivot tables, vlookup, sumif etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills - able to deal with people at all levels
- Self-motivated and able to show initiative
- Ideally experience with SAP Concur – expense and/or invoice
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.