Vice President External Regulatory Reporting
External Reporting Production: Vice President
Provide leadership, guidance, and monitor resources to meet the following objectives:
- Support the preparation, review and submission of the external reporting on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Conduct in-depth analysis of variances, incorporating the understanding of accounting issues, economic events and their impact and present the financial results to Senior Management and US Regulatory Agencies.
- Assist in driving process efficiencies and continuous process improvement efforts to strengthen controls.
- Execute report pre-submission checks, implement control procedures, and review regulatory reporting requirements
- Maintain a consolidated list of adjustment details by report and participate in data quality improvement projects to strengthen controls, improve report accuracy and reduce manual adjustments
- Lead/participate in other special projects and ad-hoc requests as needed.
- Execute and review key reporting controls (cross filing reconciliations, variance analysis)
- Prepare and store control evidence for the centralized report population
- Prepare due diligence review decks and review with key stakeholders
- Review and update relevant policies and procedures
- Participate in Regulatory exams, internal audits and address inquiries as required.
- Continually monitor developments in regulatory rule/reporting changes and assist Corporate Finance functions in implementing and meeting the reporting requirements.
- Execute adhoc projects to support reporting automation initiatives and regulatory reporting changes
- Provide ongoing guidance and mentorship to team members.
- Demonstrated experience in regulatory reporting production, review and submission.
- Experience in managing, developing and leading teams
- Strong relevant U.S. / EMEA regulatory reporting knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in verbal/writing and present to various types of audiences complex issues in an easy to understand manner
- Strong communication skills – clear, concise, and appropriate method of delivery
- Experience with establishing and meeting critical deadlines, as well as tracking and driving execution
- Flexibility to change priorities as new situations present themselves
- Risk awareness and good guardianship skills
- Collaborative team player with a strong work ethic that works effectively in cross-functional team environment
- Chartered Accountant or equivalent specialization in Finance stream
- Preferred 10+ years finance experience in the financial services industry (regulatory reporting, financial and product control, liquidity, treasury)
- Regulatory and compliance knowledge with financial background and risk management is a plus