Corporate Tax Associate Director
RSM is a leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services to middle market leaders, globally. With around 3,650 partners and staff in the UK and access to 51,000 people in over 120 countries across the RSM network, we can meet our clients’ needs wherever in the world they operate and offer our staff brilliant and fulfilling careers.
Our National Corporate Tax Service Line works with clients across a broad range of business types and sectors, from owner-managed businesses and middle market organisations to large multinational groups. We manage their tax affairs on the compliance side whilst also acting as expert advisors when planning matters arise. The latter includes, but is not exclusive to, due diligence, transactions and restructuring, as well as innovation reliefs. Discover a culture that nurtures individuality and celebrates fresh thinking!
About the job:
As a result of sustained success and continued growth, we are investing in the Belfast Corporate Tax Team, where you will collaboratively work within RSM’s national and international network of tax professionals.
This is an opportunity to work on a varied portfolio of OMBs and multi-national corporate clients, some with complex tax affairs, ensuring both excellent client service and identification of further work opportunities. The purpose of the role is to manage the more complex compliance work, ensuring agreed timescales and costs are met and billing the client appropriately. You will also lead of advisory projects and technical assignments, playing a crucial role in identifying and securing new work, whether that be within the existing client base or a new customer. You will have a considerable impact on the development of the team and strategic direction.
- Managing relationships and acting as the main point of contact for clients.
- Liaising with the client throughout the year, practising the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- Ensuring the clients’ tax affairs comply with statutory requirements and managing compliance work efficiently.
- Providing value adding, technically accurate, clear and concise tax advice covering a range of technical issues relevant to your client’s business risks, challenges and opportunities. Such areas are likely to include: international expansion, transfer pricing, R&D tax relief, group & shareholder reorganisations, loss relief, tax treatment of interest, capital allowances and tax aspects of acquisitions & disposals.
- Identifying tax planning opportunities and leading specialist technical assignments as required.
Managing assignments in accordance with the firm’s standard procedures and confirming arrangements with the client, including likely costs, billing arrangements and ensuring the work meets targeted recovery.
- Researching and supporting the preparation of proposals for new work and taking part in formal presentations to prospective clients.
- Developing your external network and being actively involved in business development activities and client seminars, with effective follow up.
- Ensuring appropriate liaison takes place with all other departments and all potential client needs are identified and serviced accordingly.
- Developing a detailed knowledge of the firm’s specialist services and undertaking special work in response to client needs where appropriate.
- Maintaining an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses and fulfilling professional bodies’ CPD requirements.
- Acting as a line manager for staff, including taking an active role in their development including “on the job” training where necessary and appraisals.
- Briefing junior staff on clients and pre-assignment instructions, as well as supervising and controlling the completion of work.
- Attending staff meetings and training as required.
- Maintaining an awareness and observation of Health and Safety issues within the Firm and report any concerns to the Health and Safety Representative.
- Carrying out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the line manager, Head of Department or any Partner.
Minimum Qualifications:About the ideal candidate:
You will have solid corporate tax advisory experience as well as effective team leadership and business development skills. Opportunities for progression are open for the right candidate with excellent support for training and development needs.
- ACA qualified (or equivalent) and, preferably CTA qualified.
- Proven tax advisory experience.
- Proven experience in client handling and managing a busy portfolio.
- Proven experience of, and interest in, business development and converting relationships into fee paying work.
- Previous experience operating at Manager, Senior Manager or Associate Director (or equivalent).
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM:
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.