We are looking for a hardworking, dedicated and focused Management Accountant to join our Global Finance Project team in Glasgow. The team are responsible for global lease accounting and further ad-hoc projects.
Reporting directly to the Finance Manager, you will play a key role in the team across accounting for leases, management accounts review/reporting and acquisitions whilst driving process improvement.
- Support the leases team to complete preparation and review of monthly lease accounting entries, balance sheet reconciliations and overall process improvement
- Liaising with Divisions globally to ensure accurate and complete lease information is accounted for in accordance with the Gallagher financial accounting manual
- Review of monthly accounting entries to ensure the preparation of accurate management accounts, and relevant commentary, within the tight reporting deadlines for UK Divisions
- Review of balance sheet reconciliations to verify the accuracy of management accounts and perform monthly, quarterly and year-to-date variance analysis to budget and prior year on P&L
- Build relationships within the wider Management Accounts team, and across other regional teams
- Build relationships with key operational figures in the business and act as an escalation point for issues
- Help drive forward change to ensure that department and team members improve, supporting graduates and part qualified students in their development
- Produce ad-hoc reports and completion of technical tasks for the Finance Manager and Senior Finance Manager as requested
- Assisting with due diligence on acquisitions through review of financial information and reporting on results of work completed
- Preparation of acquisition accounting entries to support UK finance team, and review of technical accounting treatment in relation to acquisitions
Your Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Qualified Accountant ACCA/CA/CIMA or equivalent
- US GAAP/SOX experience – highly desirable
- Ability to prioritise work and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to adapt to chance
- Flexible attitude to dealing with multiple tasks and environments
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Able to work independently and also as part of a team
- Eligibility to work in the UK
What we offer you:
- Hybrid working
- Competitive salary
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Company pension scheme (7% Employer contribution)
- Income protection
- Life Assurance - x 4 basic salary
Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper. We live a culture motivated by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 30,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
Our employing entity, Arthur J. Gallagher Services (UK) Limited, is proud to be accredited as a Living Wage employer with the Living Wage Foundation. Gallagher is committed to diversity of opportunity for all and is opposed to any form of less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender or gender identity, marital status, civil partnership status, parental status, race, ethnicity, colour, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, religion/ belief, age and those with caring responsibilities.