Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Management Accountant will be responsible for day-to-day operational activities of the Finance Department.
You will be responsible for completing the Financial month end tasks ensuring high professional standards are always maintained and meeting the agreed SLAs.
You will play an integral role in supporting the Financial Controller in transforming the Finance function and improving upon current processes. You will be doing this by working collaboratively, expressing your opinions clearly and be prepared to challenge management in an appropriate and professional manner.
Please note that this is an office based role at our Cheadle offices.
Company Website: https://www.volygroup.com
- Prepare management accounts for 3 group companies, working with the Financial Controller to prepare the month end Board report.
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations on a timely basis ensuring all transactions are allocated and understood.
- Managing the accruals and prepayments process.
- Prepare invoices accurately and send them on a timely basis for new and renewing customers.
- Prepare bank payment runs and reconciliations.
- Maintain ledgers in Sage for management and statutory accounting requirements.
- Chasing debtors and ensuring balances are collected on a timely basis or appropriately escalated.
- Manage the budget and forecasting cycle (in conjunction with the FC and CFO), including developing and updating an Excel forecasting/budgeting model of the business.
- Preparation of the VAT returns.
- Pay creditors on a timely basis ensuring cashflow of the Group is managed on a daily basis.
- Pay payroll on a timely basis.
- Work with the business to resolve credit control issues, to ensure that our debtor days are as low as possible, focussing on working capital.
- Review and pay expenses on a monthly basis.
- Perform other, ad-hoc projects (support Financial Controller as required).
- Be willing to assist and support any new Finance Team members, training and sharing best practice.
- Collaborate with heads of departments to improve current processes.
- Partner with the Head of Operations (on invoicing and CRM projects).
- Partner with the Head of Sales (on Saas preparation and invoicing).
- To always act professionally.
- Approach each task with a positive attitude.
- Strive for process improvement by questioning status quo.
- To question processes in a constructive and positive manner.
- Engage in company social events, promoting our internal culture.
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA part qualified or QBE.
- Experience of producing financial and management reporting information for stakeholders.
- Good attention to detail and able to handle a varied workload to meet SLA’s
- Excellent numerical acumen
- Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel to a high standard.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary: £33,000 to £35,000
20 days holiday
Upon completion of 3-month probation:
Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
Cycle to work scheme