Accounts Assistant | Al Futtaim Automotive | Dubai
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
About the role:
The bulk of the work will be to provide Cashiering & Account Assistant support to the Automotive workshop and reporting to Finance Business Partner.
What you will do:
a) Cash (Revenue & Petty Cash Fund) Management
- Collect cash / credit card payment against cash invoices.
- Maintain and balance daily collection & petty cash fund twice daily
- Monitoring the insurance limits of cash/collection in vault, ensuring the insurance coverage from AOIC if the cash/collection in vault exceeds the limit
- Ensure that collected revenue must be handed over to Trans-guard on a succeeding day
- Daily collection reports should be uploaded in the shared drive provided by the FSSC/AFSS
- All collection / PCF verification and hand over are properly signed / filed for future references
- Monitoring and communicate cheque clearance, bouncing cheques, and refund cheques
- Ensure accurate data entry in SAP - billing cancellation & advance payments should be kept at minimum level - Cash Invoices not yet collected report should be always cleared & monitored
- Ensure sublet and bought-out charges are posted to Job cards for charging the customer
b) Invoice Preparation/Submission/Credit Control
- Prepare invoice for Cash, Credit and Intra Work Orders upon verification of supporting documents.
- Issuance Gate pass to release the Vehicle and Submission of all invoices to customers (Credit and Cash).
c) Business Processes & Controls
- All business processes are conducted according to SOP and with correct levels of sign authority
- Ensure payments / delivery to be done by/for the payer and if 3rd party, UT verified by the Branch Manager should be secured
- Ensure that petty cash expenses are paid with appropriate approval as per DOA, liquidity of petty cash must be maintained for smooth branch operations.
d) Accounts Receivables Management (AR Management)
- Daily / Weekly / Monthly monitoring of branch AR report (all credit facilities provided) and follow-up with concerned channels to ensure timely collection of all outstanding / overdue invoices
- Maintain list for all credit facilities provided to branch credit customers including credit limit / credit period / main contact details / credit facility documents if possible
e) To carry out Ad Hoc tasks/reports and to provide support to business finance as required by the Branch Management
f) Maintain proper invoice filing with complete document set (Job card, LPO etc.) for easy retrieval.
Required skills and experience to be successful:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Cashiering / Accounts assistant role
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Time management
About Al-Futtaim Automotive
A major division of the UAE-based Al-Futtaim Group of companies, Al-Futtaim Automotive is an industry leader with presence in 10 countries across the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
Our core business activities at Al-Futtaim Automotive include distribution, manufacturing, leasing and after sales, and we are firmly established as the regional representative of some of the world’s most iconic automotive brands: Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Volvo and RAM.
We are driven by a customer-centric approach, constantly pushing the boundaries on innovation, quality standards, and value-added service across our vast universe of customers - right from motoring enthusiasts to fleet operators to contractors. Our mission is to become the leader in custom-made mobility solutions by delivering nothing less than world-class omni-channel experiences.
We channel our local expertise and global trust to deliver one of the most comprehensive portfolios of mobility products and solutions, from passenger cars to SUVs, electric vehicles to high-performance motorbikes, commercial vehicles to industrial & construction equipment.
What keeps the company moving forward is a 9000-member strong team, with inspiring possibilities for growth, throughout the career path. This is Al-Futtaim Automotive and we empower talent to move forward.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.