European Product Manager, State Street Global Advisors, Assistant Vice President, Hybrid
Who we are looking for
SSGA manages and is promoter of approximately 400 European UCITS and AIF funds in multiple domiciles (Luxembourg, UK, Ireland and France). The European Funds Management team is responsible for the lifecycle management of the funds and handling all processes related to fund governance, including oversight of the funds’ financial reporting cycle.
This role will be responsible for the tasks detailed below. The strategic objective of the role is managing relationships with various boards by coordinating communications, driving agendas and overseeing the governance process for registered products in region. In addition, the role will be responsible for the oversight and resolution of operational issues. She/he will also assist with ad hoc initiatives as required. This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us
State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) is a global leader in institutional asset management, entrusted with more than $2.78 trillion in assets. For more than three decades, investors worldwide have benefited from our disciplined, precise investment process and powerful global platform offering access to every major asset class, capitalization range and style across the indexing and active spectrums. SSGA is the investment management arm of State Street Corporation, one of the world’s leading providers of financial services to institutions.
What you will be responsible for
As European Product Manager you will
- Provide product range management for various European funds.
- Assist with iNEDs communications, supporting their queries and coordinating communications with the Firm.
- Assist the manager in the relationship with the external co sec in developing board agenda, board meetings, follow-up items and board minutes.
- Facilitate interactions with internal stakeholders on governance related queries e.g. board approval availability/ scheduling. Also supporting queries on fund expenses.
- Maintain, review and update appropriate procedures and policies.
- Support appropriate teams with resolution of operational issues.
- Co-ordinating board approval for the launch of new funds and share classes; changes to sec lending and cash sweep programmes as required; closure/merger of unnecessary funds and share classes.
- Stay abreast of market developments and best practice standards
- Manage regulatory change with respect product structure and reporting
- Ensure timely execution of all BAU processes with a focus on minimising enterprise risks
- Maintenance of certain data bases
What we value
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Sensitivity to pan-European complexities and dependencies
- You will need a high level of initiative and ownership
- Attention to detail
- Numeracy skills
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- You should have a university degree + min 5 years meaningful experience in fund/product management or development
- Project management ability
- Specific Technical Knowledge/Qualifications:
- You will have experience of funds domiciled in the EU
- Working knowledge of European fund regulation (e.g. UCITS V, AIFMD)
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street Global Advisors
What We Do. As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world’s largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care.
Our Mission. At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.