MY - Audit & Assurance - Audit Assistant (Insurance Industry)
Want to make an impact?
Deloitte is expanding its Insurance Audit and Advisory business in response to the regulatory and MFRS/IFRS accounting changes impacting the insurance sector.
Due to the publication of MFRS/IFRS 17 Insurance contracts in 2017, many of the clients across the insurance industry are asking for support from us as they assess, design and implement this fundamental change in accounting and seek to address the impacts to their business model and financial reporting. This gives us opportunities for our insurance practitioners to assist our clients in areas such as reporting process and controls design and implementation, operating model, and finance transformation, working closely with actuarial, consulting and risk advisory colleagues.
We are looking to expand our team of focused, aspirational and collaborative insurance practitioners, and as such we are offering the opportunity to join us as an associate in our Insurance Audit and Assurance Group to support this challenging and rapidly expanding business. We are seeking applications from professionals who ideally have relevant knowledge and experience of Life and / or General insurance related audit and advisory engagements. This role will require some level of business travel depending on client needs in the ASEAN and Asia Pacific region.
You will work with Partners, Managers and Seniors to perform a variety of audit and advisory engagements for a portfolio of insurance clients. You will be expected to assist the engagement managers and seniors in planning and meeting clients to clarify and resolve issues.
As part of the Insurance Audit and Assurance Group, you will take an active role in delivering on advisory engagements specifically for MFRS/IFRS 17 advisory projects locally and possibly in the ASEAN Region. You will be assisting the seniors and managers in business development initiatives, assist in the preparation of proposals for new insurance audit and advisory jobs.
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters.
In addition to living our purpose, Associates across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand objectives for stakeholders, clients and Deloitte whilst aligning own performance to objectives and sets personal priorities.
- Develop themselves by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador.
- Seek opportunities to challenge themselves, collaborate with others to deliver and takes accountability for results.
- Build relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and stakeholders.
We are looking for accountancy graduates or equivalent with 1 to 2 years of experience in the Insurance sector, either from within the industry as part of an insurance institution or from professional services. Candidates with professional accounting qualification and having prior MFRS/IFRS 17 exposure will have added advantage although this is not a pre-requisite.
You can make a difference if you have:
- Relevant knowledge and experience in auditing life and/or general insurers
- Excellent communications and inter-personal skills
- Driven to work under tight deadlines
- Passion to produce quality work
- Motivation to shoulder more responsibilities and grow
- Possess good leadership skills and demonstrate resilience
- Able to demonstrate ability to interact with people of different backgrounds and build meaningful relationships
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Kindly attach your resume when submitting your application.
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.