Director – Global Business Services – Business Services and Outsourcing
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
Global Business Services (“GBS”) is an autonomous service line within BDO’s Business Services and Outsourcing (“BSO”) stream. We work with a range of large corporate and multi-national clients, providing packaged outsourced accounting, payroll and compliance services principally in the technology, life sciences, real estate and financial services sectors. Our clients typically have a large number of subsidiaries and operate in multiple countries.
Working as an integral part of our clients’ teams, our business offers a positive combination of the benefits of working within both a practice and industry environment, including:
- Career variety with the opportunity to work on different clients and interchange between our key sectors. Alternatively, we offer stability if you would like to specialise in a specific sector.
- Ability to influence your personal and career development, considering technical expertise, sector specialism, soft skills and leadership development.
- Time to invest in understanding your clients, their strategic ambition, the challenges they face and to add value and insight to them.
- Empowerment to manage your time in line with BDOs agile working framework.
- A sensible balance of client facing work alongside contribution to internal strategic projects
We’ll broaden your horizons
The GBS team has experienced significant growth in recent years and this position offers an exciting opportunity to join a successful and growing team. The GBS senior management team currently consists of three Partners and three Directors. We are looking for an exceptional individual to join our team at Director level.
At BDO you can be yourself - we value you as an individual and want you to realise your career aspirations. We will give you the challenge and support you need and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Working at BDO enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. We recognise and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel and share in our success.
The successful applicant will work alongside the Partners and Directors to help develop our business using a skill set which is complementary to those already in the business. Your role will be to manage and oversee a client portfolio but also assist in development and implementation of our strategy. Experience you have gained in your career to date will assist you, and us, in thinking ahead and proactively providing ways to grow and improve our business. You will have the confidence, experience and initiative to deliver change, challenge strategic plans and help develop and oversee the operational model.
- Work alongside Partner and Directors to develop the strategy and implement the business plan.
- Take leadership of own strategic focus area and deliver plan.
- Lead a portfolio of international clients, focusing on exceptional client service and efficient delivery of services. Seek and implement innovative ways in which to improve financial performance.
- Build strong relationships at the highest level within existing clients to generate new opportunities across BDO.
- Undertake business development activities generating new opportunities by developing a network. Manage a pipeline and sell services, collaborating with other service lines within BSO, BDO UK streams and colleagues from overseas firms.
- Effectively manage business risk, constantly promoting the firm’s risk management policies and seek to improve quality at all times.
- People management responsibilities covering resource planning and allocation, performance management, training and recommendations for promotion.
- Act as a mentor to team members and provide coaching with a view to assisting them to achieve their personal career goals and link with business objectives.
- Continue your own professional development throughout your career, building on your technical, leadership, project management and communication skills.
We’ll help you succeed
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
Specific skill sets:
- Significant experience of delivering international accounting projects with operations in different countries using, or within, a shared service centre
- Proven experience in managing a wide portfolio of concurrent projects and project teams within a project management framework
- Managing and developing staff i.e. coordinating staff projects, mentoring, counselling, appraising and recruiting
- Experience in delivering business development activities desirable
- Experience of the internal control frameworks operated by large international businesses desirable
- Experience in any of our chosen sectors: Technology, Life Sciences, Real Estate funds and Financial Services
- Knowledge of UK GAAP, US GAAP and IFRS desirable
- ACA / ACCA qualified or equivalent
- The successful candidate will have spent at least some of their career within a large accounting practice
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. We also provide extensive benefits as standard and, as we understand that everyone is different, we also offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 18 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fueling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.