Associate Consultant - Technology Risk
Requisition ID: 961481
At EY, you will have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we are counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
As a global provider of assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our goal to be the best employer a reality.
EY Ford Rhodes. Chartered Accountants, is a member firm of Ernst & Young Global Limited (EYGL) providing Assurance, Tax, Consulting and Strategy & Transaction Advisory services to our clients, both global and local, operating out of or seeking advice on doing business in Pakistan. With its Principal Office in Karachi and branches in Lahore and Islamabad, EY Ford Rhodes has been operating in Pakistan since 1948.
As a Technology Risk Senior Consultant, you’ll be helping our clients gain the comfort they and their regulators require. That will mean using your technical knowledge of IT risks and controls and your client facing experience to work with our Managers and Senior Managers to provide clients with the assurance or advice they need. Working with prestigious organizations you will be an integral part of our Technology Risk Team.
With our support you’ll have the opportunity to work on a range of IT Assurance projects, including IT External Audit Support, IT Internal Audit, Service Organization Controls Reporting, IT Risk Assessment, Development of BCP & DRP and Cyber Security Maturity Assessment etc. There is also the potential to work on Advisory engagements supporting clients in designing or assessing effectiveness of their IT risk and control mechanisms.
We’re currently growing our Technology Risk team to help meet increasing market demand. Our projects typically involve managing multiple stakeholders and require you to give the best advice to our clients using your knowledge and experience to provide the best outcomes.
Your key responsibilities
You will manage your time between working on client site and in our offices, as a member of our highly skilled engagement teams. You will work with a number of high profile clients undertaking various engagements focused on strengthening processes and controls around big issues relating to technology and data risks. The range of projects with which Technology Risk team is involved means that there is a dynamic team environment providing you with a wealth of opportunities for personal growth and development.
Skills and attributes for success
- Bring your experience in applying relevant IT technical knowledge in at least one of the following domains: (a) financial statement audits; (b) internal or operational audits; (c) Service Organization Controls Reporting engagements; and/or (d) ERP (Oracle/SAP) security and control reviews
- Managing client relationships and expectations
- Building relationships with colleagues across the business, supporting them and promoting a collaborative culture
- Ability to multi task and plan effectively
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's or master's degree in IT / IS or related discipline is preferable or ACCA Affiliate with relevant experience in IT/IS Audits and relevant certifications.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience working as an IT/IS auditor or IT risk consultant. Experience working for a professional services consultancy firm in IT external audit, IT internal audit, or IT risk management will be preferred.
- A strong academic background and demonstrable experience in the following domains:
- IT external audit
- IT internal audit
- Attestation and Review engagements, e.g. SOC1, SOC2
- IT project governance and management
- CISA, CISM, CRISC or other related IT certification is desired; non-certified hires shall be required to gain certification for further progression.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Good understanding and experience in technology landscape with diverse industry experiences.
- Understanding of PK regulatory requirements for IT and Cyber Security.
What we are looking for
You’ll be a trusted business advisor to our clients, specializing within the Technology Risk field, so they’ll look to you to find, ask and answer the questions nobody else has asked yet and then develop and execute an effective service. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer an attractive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development. We offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most experienced and engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
- International exposure with temporary placements in different region/countries on a secondment arrangement
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people, and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform, and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax, and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.