Senior / Supervising Consultant - Business Consulting
Requisition ID: 1020462
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all. As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities, and creative freedom to make things better. This is what makes us different, and renders working here a unique, lifetime experience.
EY Ford Rhodes Chartered Accountants is a member firm of Ernst & Young Global Limited (EYGL) providing Assurance, Tax, Consulting and Strategy & Transaction Advisory services to our clients, both global and local, operating out of or seeking advice on doing business in Pakistan. With its Principal Office in Karachi and branches in Lahore and Islamabad, EY Ford Rhodes has been operating in Pakistan since 1948.
The Opportunity: your next adventure awaits!
EY Consulting is a fast-moving, high-growth area within EY, and this with a huge potential for you. It offers variety, challenge, responsibility and the opportunity to realize your leadership potential. Our competency teams are focused on helping our clients to improve their business performance and operational efficiency, whilst managing risk. We help clients by delivering assessment, transformation and assurance solutions in specialty areas, like finance, supply chain, strategic choices, risk management, cyber security and technology.
To reinforce our Internal Audit, Controls, and Risk Advisory team within our Business Consulting Department, we are currently looking for multiple Senior/Supervising Consultants at our Head Office in Karachi.
Your Key Responsibilities:
You will help our Financial sector clients to achieve their objectives by supporting them in executing internal audits, process reviews, standard operating procedures development, enterprise risk management, and other business risk consulting solutions. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, as follows:
- Supervise and coach consultants and deliver advisory / consulting projects related to internal audit, internal controls, regulatory compliance, risk management and performance improvement services to major local and international clients under the supervision of the engagement manager / senior manager.
- Develop client relationships, grow networks and assist identifying, converting engagement opportunities.
- Demonstrate understanding of the key topics around risk, compliance, governance, process management, business and financial performance and the core Advisory approaches relating to them.
- Develop understanding of EY's consulting methods for process analysis, process mapping / re-engineering and project management to be able to contribute to engagements to a consistent standard and format.
- Demonstrate understanding of business processes, risks and controls, including regulatory requirements and related accounting issues, and helping clients particularly in the financial sector implement appropriate processes and systems for governance and control purpose.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead / facilitate client workshops, interviews and meetings.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate independently with client and draft quality engagement reports / deliverables.
- Monitor and report delivery status, meeting delivery deadlines with the highest quality of output.
Skills and Attributes for Success
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- ACCA / CA Finalist / CIMA / CIA and / or, Masters in Economics / Finance, or equivalent qualification.
- Articles completed, preferably from one of the Big 4 professional services firms or top category professional services firm.
- At least 3 - 5 years’ experience in risk related services preferably external/internal Audit, internal controls, risk advisory, management consulting (ideally with a Big 4 Accounting firm).
- Familiar with fundamentals of ERP (Oracle/SAP etc.)
- Proficient in MS Office products (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Proficient capability in Internal Audit, Enterprise Risk Management and Business Process Review / Re-engineering service offerings.
- Critical thinking, strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrate consistency in values, principles, and work ethic.
- Willingness to travel as per business needs.
We’re interested in highly motivated talented individuals with a strong willingness to think outside of the box / innovate. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll need the motivation to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and expand our business in the evolving market. If you’re serious about consulting and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What We Offer:
- You will join a young, international, dynamic team, genuinely passionate about its work, within a leading global professional services firm;
- We offer extensive training, both on technical matters, as well as on soft skills and project management;
- We are proud of our flexible working arrangements, and we will support you to build a successful career without sacrificing your personal priorities;
- At EY we are passionate about the inclusion and support of individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
At EY, the spotlight is on our people. You are empowered to build your expertise and explore the world so that you can innovate and challenge the status quo. Because Building a better working world begins here.
This is what makes us different, and renders working here a unique, lifetime experience.
We are one international, connected team, with one purpose. We are EY.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.