Accounting Assistant Manager / Manager
This role offers an excellent opportunity for a seasoned and focused accountant, who is client service focused, highly organized and detail orientated, to play a key role in the growth of the Accounting & Advisory business unit.
A key member of the management team, your role is pivotal to client experience and to accelerating team growth and success. You will supervise and support the provision of accounting, payroll and advisory services to a broad portfolio of international clients. You will be responsible for new prospect engagements and the subsequent onboarding process.
In addition, you will manage a group of staff and impart your technical expertise to help your team develop and grow, acting as their coach and mentor. You will take ownership of your team’s performance.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Supervise and support the provision of accounting, payroll and advisory services to a broad portfolio of international clients
- Participate in new client prospects meetings and the subsequent onboarding process
- Garner a deep understanding of your Client’s businesses to help ensure that Mazars’ reports and advice are timely and relevant and that a strong “Trusted Business Advisor” relationship is in place
- Impact technical expertise to your team to ensure accounts are prepared in line with International Financial Standards. Furthermore, to highlight other possible advisory and compliance issues e.g. taxation, Companies Act, immigration to the appropriate experts within Mazars for further consideration
- Plan the work of your team and help them to ensure deliverables are timely and processes are efficient
- Provide coaching or training to your team
- Ensure all firm quality and risk processes are understood and complied with by your team
- Coach and continuously develop staff and support their happiness and well-being
- Act as a key member of the management team, exhibiting and promoting high levels of client service and commercial thinking
- Involve in any other ad-hoc projects and related tasks as and when required by the Partner(s)
- Bachelor of Accountancy and/or equivalent professional qualification
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience with at least 1 year in a supervisory level, preferably from a professional services firm
- Deep understanding of Singapore compliance requirements – accounting, tax, payroll and companies act
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel; knowledge of XERO, SAP and/or NetSuite is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills, including spoken and written English, and ability to work across all levels
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Client service focused, entrepreneurial and commercial thinker
- Please take note that this role will be based in Malaysia and the interview will take place over a virtual platform
If you are searching for a challenging and rewarding career with attractive benefits and training opportunities, please click the "Apply Button" now.
The remuneration package will be commensurate with your qualifications and experience.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.