SOX SSC Senior Associates
SOX SSC Senior Associates
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
There has not been a more exciting time to join Baxter. We are in the midst of a transformation that is building a world-class finance organization. Baxter Business Services is a group dedicated to providing centralized service to many of Baxter’s core business processes. Now we need you. From day one, you will have the opportunity to develop your career through a variety of jobs and experiences. When you join us, you can also expect access to training and mentoring in a supportive environment. From day one, you will have opportunities to collaborate with people all over the world.This is where you are empowered to do your best work.
The Sr. Sox Testing SSC Associates will report to the Global Sox Testing SSC lead, and support the development and implementation of a consistent, repeatable SOX control process. Support alignment of start /end points within all workflows required to support end to end SOX testing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researching and recommending process, control improvements and automation opportunities.
- Supporting various operational solutions in support of SOX processes and Controls.
- Knowledge of SOX compliance, the User Access Review and Segregation of Duties processes.
- Perform internal controls operating effectiveness testing and documentation in accordance with department guidelines and external auditor requirements
- Maintain an understanding of latest accounting guidance and internal audit best practices
- Maintain timely and accurate time tracking
- Perform annual process/control walkthroughs, update process flows and risk control matrices, and test relative key controls
- Identify and test key controlsaround end to end processes impacting financial reporting including controls around system interfaces, data transformations, and reporting
- Assist in the deficiency management process: Identification, Documentation, Assessment, Remediation, Closure, and Reporting
- Identify opportunities for process improvements / efficiencies and partner with management in the implementation of solutions
- Guide and coach junior associates on the same team
- Excellent time management skills and a process-oriented approach
- Flexible and easily adaptable to changing conditions and requirements
- Expert knowledge in the audit field, Accounting & Reporting Integrity
- Risk Management
- Business Process & Data Management
- Knowledge of foreign languages preferred.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance (or country equivalent).
- Appropriate accounting or audit certification preferred.
- Demonstration of key finance competencies and qualifications and typically 5 or more years of audit or financial experience with solid audit knowledge, particularly in internal controls and business processes.
- Understanding and/or experience in international markets are a plus.
- Skilled language proficiency in either Japanese, Thai or Vietnamese
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.