Senior Finance Analyst Business Partnering
See yourself in our team
Your team forms part of the wider Tech & Ops Finance Team of approximately 90 people and provides management information & financial reporting to the Tech & Ops CFO, CBA CIO & Leadership Team and Group Finance.
As a Business Partner supporting the Digital Operations Technology Project Portfolio teams within Retail Banking space, you will be contributing to the business priorities by providing insight and supporting stakeholders with financial outcomes related to expense management and commercials of Technology.
Your team’s primary role is to:
- Support the Retail Bank & Digital Channels investment portfolios and where required Run BAU expenses
- Provide insights, analysis and advice in relation to past and future financial performance
- Provide robust financial control and effective management reporting
- Provide decision support and reporting for Technology strategic initiatives and investment programs
- Develop and deliver meaningful insights to drive better business outcomes and provide commercial support, including cost optimisation and simplification
- Provide guidance and advice to the business leaders on the financial performance of the business, the financial plans and forecasts and the financial impacts of change initiatives
Key duties will include:
This role is responsible for assisting the Senior Manager to provide financial support to key stakeholders within Digital Operations Technology, Tech & Ops central finance, including:
- This role is responsible for regular deliverables including actuals, budget and forecast reporting for opex and investment programmes/projects
- Financial Control responsibilities including journal preparation, account reconciliations, balance sheet reviews and FTE reporting
- Responsible for assisting in the delivery of the annual budgeting and monthly/quarterly forecast processes.
- The role has strong stakeholder relationships within Technology, BU Finance and the DOT Tech extended leadership team.
- Reporting and analytics to facilitate decision making.
- Review, analyse and constructively challenge the monthly project & BAU spend with a view to understanding the status of each project, including milestones, risks, issues, financial status (actuals, forecasts, budgets), and progress made each month.
- Build and maintain relationships and trust with the project community and application management team to facilitate access to information and provide a contact point back for value added advice to the assigned programme/project teams.
- Engage in continuous improvement activities to streamline, simplify, automate and assist in the implementation of new reporting tools.
We're interested in hearing from people who have
- Strong accounting and financial skills;
- Strong financial modelling and analytical skills;
- Project Accounting exposure
- Part or fully CA/CPA/CFA qualified with 3+ years relevant experience;
- Business Partnering experience
- Prior experience supporting Technology stakeholder desirable
In Financial Services we take a proactive approach to your career development. Your on-going development would be part of an integrated development plan. If you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great opportunities.
Whether you want to move across the organisation or up into a leadership role, the way you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities are key. Use the capabilities required for this role as a guide to the critical skills and behaviours you need for your next move.
If you would like to hear more about this role please apply. This is your chance to join LinkedIn’s number 1 ranked Employer for Career Growth 2022 (2022 LinkedIn Top Companies).
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. This means that we require all of our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.Advertising End Date: 04/07/2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.