Global Application Compliance Lead
Where you fit in
The Reporting and Analysis (R&A) Solution Global Applications team is a Global team, consisting of Solution Architect, 2 Process Leads (IFRS16 and Blackline), 2 OE Leads (IFRS16 and Blackline), 5 IFRS16 Process Experts and 5 Blackline Support Analysts. On IFRS16 the team own the processes related to lease accounting as well as maintain the lease accounting system called PowerPlan. IFRS16 Team manage the monthly closing process for lease accounting including posting respective transactions into ERPs. Blackline team is a run and maintain team for Blackline tool covering the balance sheet reconciliation and manual journal creation process within the system. The responsibility of the team is to ensure proper balances are loaded timely into the system, so users can perform reconciliation after the period is closed. In terms of manual journals, Blackline team is ensuring the process of creation and posting into ERP is smooth, all journals are posted with proper authorization. Both teams are supporting all relevant IT and change management activities and projects including the system upgrades for both applications. Teams are places across Manila, KL and Chennai SBOs and but support users and systems globally.
What’s the role?
The Global Application Compliance Lead is a critical role in the Global Application Solutions team, this person is holding responsibility for compliance of the processes related to the global applications. The primary role is to provide assurance that our controls are sufficiently mitigating or reducing the existing risks for processes and systems to the level that is acceptable for Shell. This is achieved by delivering quality compliance assurance that controls have been executed correctly, in line with actual control descriptions, and are ready for testing by the various testing/auditing bodies, while maintaining that correct key controls are in place to address core risk areas. The Compliance Lead is expected to actively look for an improvement either through automation or process improvement.
Compliance Lead will work closely with Compliance and Control Design teams to deliver the best in class financial and System controls. It will represent the Global Application team in any disputes with Shell internal as well as external auditors when required.
The Global Application Compliance Lead will be expected to:
- Work as a partner to the relevant stakeholders to ensure all controls are executed correctly and in timely manner
- Keep all controls up to date to ensure any changes to the existing processes or system amendments are properly covered and risks are mitigated
- Support Global Solution Architect in relevant IT and change management activities and projects including system upgrades and automation specifically in area of balance sheet reconciliation and manual journal creation.
- Support Global Process Leads in control execution and liaising with Compliance, Central Testing or SIA teams
- Focal point for Shell internal as well as for external auditors
- Engage with the stakeholders/end users to keep them well informed for any changes to the control framework
- Be ‘go to” person for any questions related to policies and controls for Global Applications
What we need from you? – key skills and requirements
- The ideal candidate will have more than 5 years’ experience in various Finance roles, combined with a strong working knowledge of processes related primarily to balance sheet reconciliation and manual journals, the knowledge of IFRS16 processes will be an advantage
- The knowledge of the Global Applications as well as awareness on interfaces between these systems and ERPs
- Experience in collaboration with the internal and external auditors, compliance and risk assessment teams
- Strong collaborative and communications skills at a variety of levels: business, process owner and IT organizations, as this position will need to work closely across the different departments
- Ability to manage the project within the Global Application area
- Ability to handle difficult situations, explain directions in global context, rationalize and ultimately take a pragmatic position when required
- Strong issue management skills
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written
- Self-starter, being capable to work with virtual partners, deliver through others and work in a multicultural environment.
- Proven ability to deliver solutions against very challenging deadlines: experience of process and control design
- Expert knowledge of the financial Global Applications (PowerPlan and Blackline) will be an advantage
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.